Chapter 2

Your blood was bubbling with excitement as you were slowly approaching the resturaunt. Jack had phoned you a few hours before your shift started to tell you you'd be on your own and that he'd leave a note with instructions on it for your first night; after that, he said, you should be fine. You neared the resturaunt in your car, tightly gripping the steering wheel as if your knuckles couldn't get any whiter. The excitement and anticipation was roaring in your head as you pulled up to the curb, taking your shoulder bag and heading to your first night on the job.

"This is it!" You fished out the keys Jack had given you earlier and unlocked the front door, hoping the lights would turn on and you wouldn't have to try and find any lights yourself. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Only a few lights flickered on, which were barely enough to guide you to your office. Something about the resturaunt seemed... eerie. It looked completely different at night only illuminated by cheap lighting, especially since it was dead quiet aside from your cautious footsteps.

You neared your office and were surprised to see a working desk fan already blowing some room temperature air in your face. You had one light, and that was it. "Well, this is certainly small." You sighed, swinging your bag onto the table. "Whatever. Piece of cake." You wondered why they didn't require training for you to be a security guard; I mean, if they didn't want people breaking into the pizzeria, why would they hire just anyone to stop them? It didn't make any sense. You just hoped nobody would break in and you could sit and daydream all night; maybe even snooze.

As you sat on your swivel chair and spun around a few times to get used to it, you examined some posters on the walls. There were even things for you to read; maybe if you got bored, perhaps. You were bored already looking at them, so didn't bother even skimming the text they might have contained. Probably just random news articles ripped from a newspaper and pinned to the wall, right?

A shine of a piece of paper on your desk caught your eye. You leaned forward, taking it, and reading it with a raised eyebrow;

"Hey, [Y/N]! Sorry if you can't read my handwriting, I'm writing this on my way out of work! Well, tonight's your first night! Welcome to the family! Uh, you should be fine, honestly, there's nothing to worry about, Freddy Fazbear's is as good as (scribble) when it comes to anything and everything. Now, I do have to warn you, though; it's not gonna be all fun and games, I guess. The animatronic characters... well... we can't shut them off at night, or else they'll just lock up and deactivate. Something we really can't fix, heh... we should really get that money problem sorted... uh, anyways, they'll be walking around for a bit. Make sure you don't use too much power, or you could run out before your shift ends at 6 and will be sitting in darkness for a while. I don't know about you, but the dark always gave me the spooks! Now, this is where the serious bit kicks in... don't let them into your office. Uh... the last nightwatch complained about it. They get a little quirky at night, you know? Just try and keep quiet, flash the lights at them and shut the doors until they go away. That's all you need to do! Simple, right? I knew I could count on you, [Y/N]! See you later!"

You blinked. Did you read these right? You were hired to watch the animatronics?! Hah! This had to be a joke! You were meant to sit all night and watch children's animatronics so that they didn't hurt themselves walking around or anything! Wow, best job ever!

You sat upright in your swivel seat, leaning back so that you could view the doors on either side of you. You clicked the lights. Check. You closed the doors and opened them again. Check. You looked behind you, and on a ledge sat a tablet. "This must be what I have to use, then..." you picked it up and switched it on. It flickered for a second, and then showed you the show stage. Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica all stood motionless as the camera panned. You smiled as you examined the features of each animatronic, and how calm and still they were, as if waiting for the curtains to pull like any normal day.

You decided to explore a little bit. Switching from camera to camera, you saw backstage, the hallways, the dining room, the k-- Oh? The kitchen camera was disabled. I wonder what happened there?

Yawning, you decided to flick back and try and find your playful animatronic animals once more; but as you switched to the show stage, your heart skipped a beat. Bonnie had disappeared. "Well, look who was the first to go..." you mumbled to yourself with a light-hearted grin as you tried to find the bun. Found him! Backstage, Bonnie was lingering quite contently.

Except... he didn't look that content.

You expected him to just be his goofy self, maybe fumbling around the spare parts, or trying to see how the red light on the cam flashed green; but instead, he was completely still as before, and was... glaring straight at you. It was frightening, somehow, the way he was looking at the camera. He was almost completely in darkness, with his eyes bright enough to shine through and stare so menacingly. Your heart quickened and your grin faded almost instantly; instead, you wore a look of confused fear. That didn't seem like Bonnie at all...

You switched back to the show stage, hoping maybe the others would realize he was missing, and surely enough, Freddy was on his lonesome, meaning Chica had wandered off somewhere. Maybe she was alright.

Yeah, that wasn't the case.

You found her in the dining room, with her neck crooked and her eyes wide. She hung her jaw in a grand smirk, and, as if it goes without saying, was completely motionless. It seemed they didn't move at all once they saw the camera was on them. Gulping, you felt the unnerving chills run through your spine and fingers as you gingerly switched back to where Bonnie was.

You almost jumped from your seat as you saw his face had grown so much closer to the camera, like a close-up. His eyes were threatening and he had broke his scary expression into one of hunger; you started trembling. Were they okay? What was going on? You're starting to think this job had more involved than what you were lead on to believe...

Suddenly, the signal for your cameras were interrupted and you started to panic. "What the heck!" you cursed as you waited for it to return. In shear terror, you closed both doors and tried to regulate your breathing. "It's fine... it's fine... it's okay."

But as you received signal again, Bonnie and Chica had both moved into either hallways.

It was at that moment you realized they were coming for you.

-END OF CHAPTER 2-