Chapter 4

You jumped awake, forcing yourself upright. The air in your bedroom was freezing and your bedsheets weren't heating you up much. What?

The draft washed in, making you shiver. Your window was wide open; and yet, you never tended to open the window at nights.

You rubbed your tired face, the memories of the night rushing in like a tidal wave, drowning your mind in the horror and confusion you felt. But then... why were you in your bedroom? "I thought I was dead," you uttered, still trying to wake yourself from your dozy state. "It was only 2am... o-or 3am... and they got me."

Maybe it was just a dream?

No, it couldn't have been a dream; you remembered every bit of it clearly. You remembered signing up for the job, experiencing the nostalgia, everything that happened before midnight. It was very real. Maybe you went home and fell asleep, and forgot about the job? Nah, that's silly...

You swung your bare feet out from under the covers as the mental argument between yourself and nobody continued. You made your way to the bathroom, hoping some cold water would refresh you and help you think vividly; but as you splashed the icy cold substance around your face, you just grimaced due to the fact you were still trembling from having the window open all night. "At least this is a change from the hot, sweaty pile of anxiety I was last night..." you mumbled.

To try and get your mind off of it as it was giving you a colossal headache, you decided to get changed and go out. Just go out, get a drink or something, anything; just try and relax. Wrapping a scarf around your neck for warmth, you marched down the hallway towards your main door, checking you had the essentials sitting on the table ready for you to stuff them into your bag. Keys, check. Phone, check. Wallet, check. Knot of purple hair, che---

Knot of purple hair?

You swallowed a lump in your throat as you snatched the wad from the table and examined it. It was a bright purple coloured tuffet; looking like it had fallen out of someone's head. Bonnie.

***

You watched your feet take strides down the road, clueless to where you were heading yet uncaring of it too.

"Did he carry me home? Was he in my house? How did he leave the pizzeria? How did he know where I lived?" the questions rang in your mind as you trudged on, the atmosphere of the noisy streets with cars and crowds making a ruckus around you. Your bubble of thought kept strong, though, helping you tune out everything that was going on left, right and center. "Why didn't they kill me? What did they want from me?"

And before you knew it, as if on cue, you had tripped on a stone which forced you to stand up straight and realize where you were. And guess what? Freddy Fazbear's pizza; a magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun... come to life. And they really did.

You didn't want to go through another night of possibly dying. You thought the job was going to be simple, be nostalgic, and memorable; you'd be able to proudly say, 'I worked at Freddy Fazbear's!'; but by the looks of it, what you'll be saying is 'I survived Freddy Fazbear's!'. Forcing open the main entrance, the warm air rushed out to greet you and reel you in. The same atmosphere as yesterday filled the area, although now that you'd seen the... other side, of Freddy's... you couldn't take it in and relish it like you'd done so innocently just a day earlier.

"[Y/N!]" Jack had appeared again, wearing a different suit, but it still looked marvelously odd. You barely knew Jack, but this just appeared to be a common characteristic of him. "How do you do? How was your first night? Pretty simple, yeah?"

You glared at him, squinting your eyes and scrunching your nose. Was he for real? "Uh, no, actually, it wasn't." You could feel the fury bubbling inside your heart, desperate to burst out of your ribcage and attack the man. "And next time, when you hire someone for the nightwatch, it might be nice to warn them about the man-eating machines that your band turn into after hours."

He seemed to choke on his own air supply, blinking and doing a double take. "I'm sorry?" Looking nervous, he furrowed his brows.

"You heard me. I almost died in that damn office. I think it goes without saying that I quit. Good luck finding a new nightwatch--"

"Wait!" He stopped you. "I-I know it might seem like a lot, but, please, if you don't at least stay the week this place will definitely shut down! I don't know what else to do." His pleas were urgent and his eyes were wide with hopelessness. "I'm really sorry, [Y/N]. I should have told you this when you signed up."

"Yeah, you should have." You repeated. You thought for a moment, and, albeit hesitantly, you said; "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay. I'll work here until the end of the week." Why were you agreeing to this? Why wouldn't you just quit and go home? What goes on at nights here was extremely dangerous; so who cares if it shut down?

Oh yeah, that's right.

You did.

As much as you were now fearful of the place, you couldn't bare to be the reason of what you used to love so much go to ruin.

"Thank you, [Y/N]! I owe you one. I owe you my life!" I might have to take that offer before the week finishes, you thought.

"Aren't they really bad for children, though?" you questioned; if one of them malfunctioned and turned into their nightmode state, surely that would be a hazard to the kids?

"You'd think so, but only at night do they get... like they do." Cue an anxious chuckle. "Uh, I still don't really know why they get like that. Listen, I have to run, now. Plenty of paperwork to get on with! Good luck for tonight, [Y/N]. I'll leave you another note, to help you feel less... lonely. Ciao!" In an instant, he was gone, maundering off to wherever he pleased. You shook your head in frustration; this was going to go to Hell before you could stop it.

As you turned to leave the pizzeria, another child smacked into your shin... wait... it was the same child! In your state of mental helplessness you couldn't find it in you to crouch down and be rejected by the kid again, so you watched as he stood, wiped his lip, took a quick glance at you and took off in the opposing direction. Strange, yet, you couldn't really call something strange anymore as you'd experienced what was definitely the strangest thing to ever happen to you.

As you watched him scurry into the distance, a flash of colour to your right made you jump in alarm. The Fazbear Band had just marched past you, heading to the stage in a single file line, ready to start a day of song... but you were only focused on one of them. The bunny clutched his guitar in his left hand, it's gleaming red shine outstanding. You reached into your pocket and felt the soft, purple wad of hair you'd taken from your house.

To your shock, as you stared at Bonnie, he briefly turned his head, caught your eye, grinned, and carried on.

-END OF CHAPTER4-