25

After breakfast, Agnes took her guests to an empty room. The only thing inside was a small bed with a stack of clothes on it. 

“As long as you’re here you have to dress like you’re from here.” Aziraphale, Crowley and Gabriel followed Agnes into the room and saw that the clothes were an assortment of men’s clothing. 

“You’ll have to do some digging in order to find something suitable to wear.” Agnes said. “Don’t know your size or what you even like to wear.”

“We’ll make do, Agnes.” Aziraphale reassured their host. “You’ve already done enough.”

Gabriel gazed at the pile skeptically. “Where did you get all of these clothes?” 

“Oh, uh….” Agnes stuttered for an answer. “They’re donations from an old friend.”

Gabriel wasn’t convinced but when he was about to ask another question, Agnes left. “Now I must see to Eden. The poor girl’s dress is an absolute mess.” 

Agnes glanced at Crowley who was looking through the pile. “I’ll come check on you in a few. You probably got some cuts and scratches that you don’t know about.”

Gabriel watched Agnes leave until he felt someone touch his shoulder. Gabriel turned and met Aziraphale’s blue gaze. “Come on Gabriel, let’s find you something to wear. Your clothes are ripped to bits.” Gabriel glanced down at himself and saw that his black tux was ripped and torn from head to toe. He faintly recalled the forest foliage clawing him like a cat as he and the others made their escape into the woods.  

Gabriel sighed. “Okay.”

 “Here darling, I have some extra dresses you can choose from.” Agnes led Eden to her bedroom and pointed to her wardrobe. “Go on and take a look and come to me if you have any cuts. We wouldn’t want you to get an infection.” Eden shuddered as she replied, “Yes ma’am.” 

Agnes chuckled. “No ma’am from you missy! Just call me Agnes.” 

Eden smiled. “Okay Agnes.” 

Agnes smiled back. “Good. Take your time love.”