And Camila pulls out her phone and does just that. My eyes double in size and I hold a hand over my mouth when he actually responds and the conversation makes Jayden perk up

"Hey Mikey."
"Camila." Jayden's eyes were now open and it was almost like he was saying her name in a warning tone.

She flips him off and continues her conversation.

"Good. Yeah so, I'm gonna be pretty bored this weekend so if you're down—really? Okay, yeah I guess I'll see you then? Alright, bye."

The tension from the silence after she hangs up as we wait in anticipation was torture. Then finally Camila processes what just happened and looks at Kaylee.

"So he said he's been "feeling me" for a while, and he wants to hangout—"
"It's definitely a date!" Kaylee exclaims like it's obvious, "You don't just hangout with someone you're into."

I could feel Jayden getting riled up beneath me and I sensed this was going to take a negative turn.

"Bro that was terrifying—"
"You're hilarious if you think you're going on a date Camila."

She narrows her eyes at her brother with sass that was oozing off of her and Jayden sits up knitting his eyebrows together challenging her.

"You can't control me brother."
"Oh please Camila, give me a break."

She crosses her arms defiantly and his stare starts to get murderous.

"Are you deadass right now—"

I grab his arm and stand up forcing him to get up with me before he said anything crazy. Camila began to look a bit intimidated and as I pulled Jayden out of the room his eyes stayed trained on hers.

Once we were in his room I could really see how bothered he was by this.

"Bubs, it's not that big of a deal, it's just a crush it literally means nothing."
"All dudes of all ages have one thing on their mind."

I cock my head with a scoff of disbelief, "So what does that say about you?"

He gives me an indignant look crossing his arms over his chest, "You know what I mean." I shake my head with a genuine shrug of confusion, "I don't."

He was pacing at this point, "If any guy were to force that on or expect that from my sister— I don't know, I'd probably kill them."

I sigh and begin to squint a bit as I try to get him to understand that his perception was grounded in worst case scenario kind of thinking. "Jay I get that, and your reaction would be warranted if that were the case but you don't even know the kid. You don't know that his intentions are malicious, he could just wholeheartedly like your sister."

He shook his head still refusing to budge turning away from me as he spoke.

"Jessica you remember middle school."
"Maybe this kid isn't like that. Maybe this Mikey is good. It's possible the one thing on his mind is like homework and video games or something."

He turns back to look at me with a firm expression and clenched fists.

"I don't like him."
"Why don't you like him?"