Chapter Fourty two-

Start from the beginning

~

(a few days later)

"Good morning, mel nîn", Legolas said sleepily, stretching his muscular arms to reveal his toned biceps. I blinked awake and raised my eyebrows discretely at the sight i had waken up to. How did i get this lucky? He yawned before his lips curved to a small smirk seeing my tired eyes admiring his bare form. "Morning", i let out sleepily wriggling closer as he lifted his arm up to let me in. I pressed my chest against his bare chest. The smooth silk go my nightgown feeling cold to his warm skin. He flinched slightly at the feeling of coldness to his skin. "Sorry" i mumbled as i held his hand that wrapped over my shoulders. He pulled at the silk fabric slightly, playfully shaking it gently in his hand, "I don't like these", he said jokingly. "What?", i questioned confused. "Clothes", he said quietly, still tired and in his morning voice. I smiled and gently tapped his arm playfully. "What, you look better without them", he said defensively. I threw the corner of the sheet off of me and turned my head and shot him 'a look' and he quickly looked the other way and got out of bed too.
"Last day before we acctually have responsibility", i said sarcastically. Legolas chuckled as he pulled the silk curtains open and leaned on the wooden banister, gazing at the awakening realm. "Are you nervous?", i said quietly coming up behind him whilst tying my bathrobe and placing a hand on his shoulder blade. He turned his head to look at me before holding both of my hands in his, "As long as you are by my side, i trust everything will be perfect", he said confidently before leaning down and placing a passionate kiss onto my lips. I pulled away and smiled before heading to the bathroom to prepare for the day ahead.
I stared at myself in the mirror for a while thinking to myself, In less than a day i would be Queen of one of the last Elven kingdoms of Middle Earth. I looked above my head in the reflection picturing it's bareness being covered in a beautiful crown of leaves and jewels before my eyes wondered down to my stomach, it was back to normal now. My face saddened before Legolas called out, "Alena, be quick. Ada expects to run over the final details with us during breakfast". I shook my head snapping out of my thoughts and splashed my face with cold water, feeling more refreshed and awake. I then walked out of the bathroom to our bedroom and opened my big doors that revealed my wardrobe - if you could even call it that. Fashion in Rivendell wasn't taken as seriously as in Mirkwood i had learned. Although it was important in Imladris, gowns were usually more flowy and lighter fabric whereas in Mirkwood it was thought of very highly and taken seriously especially in royalty. Legolas had made me a huge walk in dresser full of beautiful gowns and accessories, many of which were from back home and pieces that i was more used to wearing- i very much appreciated that.
I picked out a lilac purple gown with little sparkly highlights covering it with long flowing sleeves, very much like the ones i would wear back home. It had been a long time since wearing this type of gown and it felt nice to feel less restricted.

Legolas came and leaned against the door and smirked, "You look beautiful, as always", he said with charm

Legolas came and leaned against the door and smirked, "You look beautiful, as always", he said with charm. I glared at him before turning my head and adjusting the fabric round my shoulders in attempt to look less 'showy'. "Come now, let's go. It's time to run through the final touches", Legolas said rolling his eyes. I tapped his arm playfully to remind him that he must stay serious, "Legolas you are to be King, quit that attitude", i said jokingly. We laughed before walking down the halls that had been decorated with veils of flowers and leaves in preparing for the coronation. We walked linking arms and admiring the efforts that the other elves had gone through to prepare for the ceremony. "It's beautiful", i said in awe, mesmerised, staring around us and above us at the ceilings. I smiled at an elf who was putting up the flowers and they bowed their head low and slow before continuing to decorate.

We reached Thranduil's hall and we're let in by two guards either side of the now cheerful wooden door that was once dark and heavy. "There you two are!", Thranduil said with a different tone than usual, opening his arms out to greet us. He quickly appeared in front of us and embraced us with a tight hug. "Preparations have been going wonderfully! Now all that's left is to choose your clothes and finalise the design of your crown and go through the walk", Thranduil said quickly. Legolas and i exchanged looks of worry. It was all a lot to take in, a lot to do just the day before the coronation. "Right now, lots to do off you go. I'll be down shortly", Thranduil said bluntly hurrying us out the hall. The door shut behind us leaving Legolas and i stood on the other side of the door in shock. It was silent before i broke the awkwardness, "Well, i guess we better get going to the tailor?", i said wearily, unsure on where to even start. Legolas nodded quickly before holding my arm and leading the way. After a few minutes of walking we reached the tailors quarter and we're let in by two guards. "Ah, the royal couple!", An older looking elf said with a grin. "Please do come inside and sit down. Make yourselves comfortable for we may be here a while, according to King Thranduil", The elf mumbled the last part. I raised my eyebrows in surprise before he clapped his hands and two elf's picked up a velvet cushioned tray, "The King has chosen a few pieces for you both, he would like you to decide the final choices", the elf said enthusiastically. The two other elves who held the tray stepped forward in front of us. "Here, you allow me", the older elf, Halör, said excitedly. He carefully put on two white, silk gloves and lifted the velvet sheet off the tray to reveal the pieces. They shine and glistened in the natural light looking like tiny stars. My eyes qundened in shock, i knew it was a big event but these were absolutely stunning, worth an absolute fortune. "The first piece, a necklace forged in Gondolin by your own kin", Halör said mesmired, pointing his old, shaky finger at me. He picked up the necklace and held it in front of me. "A orange gemstoned necklace", he said slowly showing me the necklace. It was truly beautiful, although i couldn't decide whether it was me or not. Legolas shook his head, "She is to be Queen of Mirkwood, this is not good enough", Legolas said assertively. Clearly he was already acting like the King. "What about this amethyst plated necklace?", He asked wearily showing us the necklace.

My eyes widened, it was stunning

My eyes widened, it was stunning. "It's beautiful", i said in almost a whisper. "What do you think, sweetheart?", Legolas asked placing his hand on the lower part of my back. I paused staring at it deeply. "Meleth nîn?", he asked softly. I nodded and smiled, "Defiantely a maybe", i said as politely as possible.
"Perhaps this ruby stined necklace, it belonged to many Queens of the Valar?", he said whilst holding up the necklace.

"Ah, this one", The elf said looking at the collection of jewels behind him

"Ah, this one", The elf said looking at the collection of jewels behind him. "This one, belonged to your mother, my lady", he said with a smile. My eyes widened, i had never seen anything that had belonged to her. I barely remembered anything about her before she died. He showed me the necklace, it was a deep emerald green. Legolas got up from his seat in awe, "This", he started before softly taking the necklace and bringing it close to my face. "Her eyes", he said still in awe. "This one is-", i began before Legolas cut me off. "Perfect", he finished still mesmerised by the green of the jewels matching my eyes.  "Go on now, get rest. The rest shall be decided for you, to allow you less trouble of course", the elf said. "Do i not get to pick my coronation dress?", i asked curiously. "Well, think of it as a surprise", he answered quickly. Knowing Legolas or Thranduil, either of them had probably planned something incredibly extravagant and fancy but this time i did not mind, i was going to be Queen.