Starlet

"Come sit." I say while motioning for him to come sit next to me.

"Sorry if i was interrupting anything." He says.

"No not at all. I'm just enjoying the nice night. The view is very beautiful from up here." I say while looking upon the beauty of Naboo.

"It is isn't it." Anakin says as I notice his eyes wandering in my direction.

"And the moon is so beautiful." I say admiring it.

"It always has been." He responds.

"I love the night. Everything is just so much better for some reason. I can be out here all alone but feel so comforted by the moon and nature." I express.

"I agree." Anakin says while nodding his head.

"And the moon. Oh wow. It's always been there for me even when others haven't." I say.

"Really? Me too. I thought I was the only one." Anakin says with a big smile across his face.

"I also love the night. Everyone is much more vulnerable. More themselves. And to know that most people are also sitting or sleeping in their houses and experiencing the cool night winds and looking at the same stars is something so pure in itself." Anakin says.

I'm somewhat shocked at his vulnerability.

"Exactly. Although some planets have many moons. They all give off the same energy." I try to express.

"I get it. Whenever I look up at the stars or whatever moon is up there I know someone else is also looking up and thinking that there are many out there doing the same." He says.

I wonder if him and I have looked at the moon at the same time without knowing.

"You know my mother always loved the moon." Anakins voice becomes softer.

"Oh really?" I say at a loss for words.

"Yep, she always said that she was going to fly me up there just the two of us and we were going to have a picnic up there. And we would be able to look down at all of the people of Tatooine." He says while reminiscing.

"That's very cute." I say.

"Tatooine was a very harsh planet. Rough sand. Rough people. Rough jobs. Rough memories."

"Im sorry to hear that Anakin."

"It's alright. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if the Jedi council hadn't brought me with them. I'd probably still be a slave. But my mother. I would be with her. Unfortunately she passed not too long ago actually but that's just one more reason the night sky is special to me. Because I know she will do everything in her power to make the stars shine brighter than the night before. She's up there. Or out there. Somewhere. I can feel her. Everywhere I go." Anakin says and the moonlight hits his face and illuminated a tear rolling down his cheek.

I take his hand and give it a squeeze.

He smiles.

"I'm so sorry to hear all of this really I truly am. I'm so sorry you didn't deserve any of that at all. And a slave? My goodness." I say trying to give my sincere sympathy.

"It's alright. We learn from these things. Plus if something doesn't challenge you then it doesn't change you right?"

"Yea I guess you're right."

We stare up at the stars for a bit and feel a cold breeze against our skin.

"I'm sorry I've been talking an awful lot about myself. But I really don't know anything about you so please go ahead." Anakin apologizes.