The Mission

I watch trails of raindrops slowly make their way down the window that I am gazing upon as I wait for the Jedi council to tell me what my next mission is.

I'm sort of on edge about taking a new mission since I haven't been able to go on one in such a long time. There are so many new Jedi making their way up onto the council and gaining padawans.

I have no desire for a padawan but if I can share my Jedi knowledge in any possible way, I'll take the opportunity.

Just then, I'm finally called in by master Yoda to discuss my new assignment.

"Much to discuss there is young Jedi." Yoda begins.

"We have a new assignment for you Tara but you will be partnered up since this is a very dangerous task." Master Windu continues.

"Partner? But you guys know I work alone." I respond sternly.

"Yes we are aware but this is a task unlike many others Tara." Master Windu explains.

"Fine whatever go on."

"We can give this assignment to someone else if you would like." Master Windu suggests.

"No it's fine. I haven't had a mission in ages so I'll take this opportunity. Even if I have to work with some other random Jedi." I say infuriated.

"Well then. You will be somewhat of a bodyguard for Senator Amidala as there is someone out to kill her and she needs all the protection she can get." Master Windu says.

"Wow." I say somewhat shocked. As I haven't been on a mission in two years and this is the first one they decide to give me? One that could horribly go wrong that comes with many consequences.

"Are you willing to do so?" Master Windu asks.

"Yes of course." I respond excited about the mission but not the partner that is going to come with it.

"Alright so it is settled. Now all you need to do is meet your partner." Master Windu begins.

Suddenly there's a cool breeze behind my shoulder as I hear footsteps approaching from the door that has just been swung open.

"Kenobi, young Skywalker. Lovely it is to see you." Yoda exclaims.

I turn my shoulder and look to see two Jedi standing upon me.

One has long orange hair in a mullet shape that swoops across his face like curtains and a scruffy beard.

He seems to be the master and beside him must be his padawan because of his braid at the back of his head.

Pathetic.

I better not be working with a padawan on this mission. The padawan has short brown hair with sparkling eyes and is at least two heads taller than me.

They both stroll along beside me somewhat confidently as if this isn't their first rodeo and I believe them.

The master looks over at me and gives a small nod and i smile back.

The master then nudges his padawan to acknowledge that I'm there and to be polite.

He must have nudged him a little too hard because the brown haired boy grabbed his arm in pain but then looks over at me and gave an identical nod like his master.

"Master obi wan and young anakin I would like for you to meet Tara Celeste" Master Windu says as he introduces me.

"Hi." We all say in unison.

"Young Celeste this is Anakin," Mace says while pointing at the brown haired boy, "and this is Obi wan."

"Nice to meet you." I reply.

"And you." Anakin says.

"Tara you will be working with Anakin on this assignment. Don't worry Anakin already has all of the information he needs to know about this mission so you two will be able to leave as soon as possible." Master Windu explains.

No.

Absolutely not.

Not the padawan! I can't possibly work with a padawan. Why am I working with a padawan?

I should be working with the ginger guy obi wan. He seems to know much more than this brown haired braid boy.

"Now are you sure Anakin is ready to go on a mission without me?" Obi wan asks worried about his padawan.

"Tara is a very strong Jedi and will be able to handle things if something goes south." Master Windu assurés obi wan.

Great so now I'm somewhat being a body guard and a baby sitter? Which didn't make any sense considering this boy seemed only a year younger than me.

"Alright good luck Anakin and Tara. Be safe. But also always make sure the senator is safe. And protect her at all costs." Mace wished us good luck.

I look across to Anakin and we leave the room ready to embark on this mission.

I first need to pack some things because who knows how long this will take with this guy. He might know absolutely nothing. Let's hope he knows something.

I head to my room but Anakin is still trailing behind me.

"You want something?" I ask.

"Oh um no I just wasn't sure what was going on" he responds.

"Well unlike you I was the last one to be informed about this mission so I still need to pack." I say while unlocking my door.

"Oh alright." He says.

"I mean. Ok come on in." I say because I dont know what else to say in this awkward situation.

"Um alright." He says as he walks in.

I rush over to my suitcase and start throwing clothes all over the place trying to figure out what to bring and what not to bring.

My whole wardrobe is all dull colours and is definitely not something you would wear if you were meeting a senator.

"You alright Tara?" Anakin asks.

"Yea why?"

"I don't know you kinda seem stressed."

"Oh yea just a little considering I have zero clothes that are fit to wear to meet a senator."

"Either do I. I just brought a bunch of robes and hope she won't judge."

"Yea let's hope."

"Besides. This isn't a fashion show and you shouldn't care about what you're wearing since you're going to be there to protect a persons life, not win a sewing competition."

"Yea and you're supposed to keep your mouth quiet like a nice person." I say angrily.

"Whatever just hurry up ok we're supposed to leave as soon as possible not as soon as Tara finishes her fashion show."

"We're also supposed to be partners and right about now I don't want to even talk to you considering how rude you're being."

"Just finish up so we can leave."

"Fine!" I say while shoving in my last few pieces of clothes in my bag.

"Besides. All your clothes looked the same anyways." He says.

"Meh. You're right." I say trying to keep the peace.