Old Money

"Ok I just called him and he's on his way!" Padme exclaims.

"Yay!" I say acting excited.

"So, what's this guys name. Tell me more about him." I ask.

"Ok so his name is Palo and we are childhood best friends. We go way back. Our parents were also childhood friends so Palo and I were basically obligated to hangout but I didn't mind. He's amazing. Plus he's. Well. Pretty handsome. And I think maybe with this little reunion some things could happen!" Padme says all giddy.

"Oh wow. You really think this will become a little something." I say kind of nervous that Anakin will be mad at me for allowing Palo to come over.

"Let's hope so!" Padme responds.

"Uh. But what about Anakin. You liked him kinda." I say trying to bring Anakin another chance with Padme.

"Oh no. I don't think that will happen. We're too different. Plus like you said jedi aren't allowed to fall in love so it would make things really complicated."

"Right. Right. I forgot." I say really scared of what Anakin is going to say when he finds a supposedly handsome guy hanging out with Padme all because of me.

"That's him! That's his speeder down there!" Padme says running to the window.

"Woah. What does this guy do for a living." I say admiring the luxurious speeder.

"His parents were both politicians but he didn't want to do anything of that sorts so he started a speeder company. He makes all of the ships and speeders that you see out and about on Coruscant right now." Padme explains.

Oh gosh. So first this guy goes way back in time with Padme, is handsome, and is crazy crazy rich and successful? Oh no. Anakin is going to be so pissed.

The elevator door rings which let's know that someone has borded and is on their way up.

"Now Padme. Before he can come close to you I'm going to screen him ok. I know he's your friend but your safety is my number one priority right now."

"Whatever. He wouldn't try to kill me. Duh but whatever. Do as you must." Padme says annoyed.

Out steps this tall man with fluffy brown hair, with piercing green eyes and a scruffy, light beard with a very sharp jawline. He was wearing a suit and tie. A true business man.

"Hi. So I'm padmes security right now so I'm just gonna need you to step here." I say motioning to the side.

"What? Padme what's all this?" He says confused.

"Well no big deal. Long story short I'm trying to be killed by someone."

"What??" He says.

"Please Palo. Step over here so I can scan you for any weapons."

"Fine ok."

I scan him and surprisingly he doesn't even have a blaster on him. Weird. Normally everyday people have even a blaster. Especially if you have a lot of money like him. You have more things to keep and protect yourself.

"Clear." I say shutting the screening device down.

"EEE!" Is the sound that comes out of padmes mouth.

She runs over to him and hugs him super tight.

They hug what seems like forever. Just embracing themselves after their long time apart.

"So. Tell me everything that has happened since the last time I saw you." Palo says.

"Well..." Padme starts.

The two lovebirds go into the living room and chat for a very, very, way too long of a time.

After a while of just staring at the wall I decide to enter the convorsation.

"So Palo. Padme was telling me that you own a speeder and ship company."

"Yea. Um. Yea. Not much to say about hat but it's been a long journey to get to where I am today. Meetings after meetings after bankruptcies. But once I got there. Oh you guessed it more meetings and more money being drained out of my back account. Just flowing away out of my grasp. Oh and the galas. So many. I have to cut so many ribbons and sponser so many events. It's an endless list really." He rants.

Wow. Someone loves his job.

"Wow. You seem like a busy guy." I say not so sure how to respond to that.

"Very much so. But never too busy to visit such a gorgeous girl." He says looking at Padme.

Oh no. Welp now they're gonna fall in love and get married and have lots of kids and have a big fancy house and it's all my fault.

I should have said no. Poor Anakin. Oh gosh. Oh no. He can't come here. He can't.

Just then the elevator door dings and out walks Anakin, eyes wide.

Well I guess he can come here.