Turnabout Goodbyes Trial Day 1

ابدأ من البداية

Karma: … Decisive evidence… A decisive witness… What else could possibly be required? 

Judge: Ah… er, nothing of course. That should be fine. The prosecution may call its first witness. 

Maya: What’s with this guy? Is he royalty or something? 

Ryan: Edgeworth said he was a god among the prosecutors. 

Phoenix: How am I supposed to fight this!?

Karma:  I call the detective in charge of this case, Detective Dick Gumshoe. 

Phoenix: ‘Okay, Gumshoes first… Let’s see how this goes.’ 

He thought as Gumshoe entered the courtroom still sad about Edgeworth as Karma crossed his arms before he barked out an order to the man. 

Karma: Describe the incident. Now! 

Gumshoe; Y-yessir! 

Phoenix: ‘Detective Gumshoe looks nervous…’ 

Gumshoe: Er, please take a look at the map. The murder happened late Christmas Eve, around midnight. There was one boat in the very middle of the lake. There were two men on the boat. Now, there happened to be a woman camping here on the edge of the lake. At 12:10 AM, she heard two pistol shots. Then the boat started to move. It went towards the boat retinal shop. 

Karma: Hmm. Testify to the court about your arrest. Now! 

Judge: W-w-wait! Mr. von Karma… 

Karma: Yes? 

Judge: Actually, I’m the one that’s supposed to be handling these proceedings… 

Karma: Wrong. There is only one thing you need to do here. You will slam down your gavel and say the word “guilty.” That is your role! 

Judge: Y-yes, of course. You’re quite right. 

Phoenix: ‘No he’s not!!!’ 

Witness Testimony 
-The Arrest of Edgeworth- - 

Gumshoe: A man called into the station around 30 minutes after midnight. We headed to the scene of the crime as fast as we could. That’s where we found Mr. Edgeworth. Now, I didn’t suspect him of anything at all. But… the next morning, a body was found in the lake. So we had to arrest Mr. Edgeworth. 

Judge: Hmm… I see. Very well… 

Karma: Begin your cross-examination, attorney. Now! 

Judge; … 

Cross Examination 

As Gumshoe started retelling his testimony, Phoenix decided to press him more about the man who called the station after midnight. 

Phoenix: Hold it! You received a call from a “man”? 

Gumshoe: Er… yup. 

Phoenix: But you said there was a woman camping there? She was the one who heard the two gunshots, right? 

Karma: Objection! That woman and the “man” who called in the report are two different people, obviously! 

Phoenix: Different people? 

Karma: There were two witnesses! 

Phoenix: ‘Urk!’ 

Karma: Their testimonies were quite similar however. Today I’ve summoned the woman who was camping. 

Phoenix: ‘The woman who was camping… Lotta Hart.’ 

Karma: What happened next, Detective? 

He demanded as Gumshoe went back retelling his testimony as he mentioned him and other officers as fast as they could and Phoenix decided to press him more about it.