Turnabout Samurai Final Trial Part 1

October 20, 10:00 Am 
District Court
Courtroom No.4 

Judge: Court is now in session for the trial of Mr. Will Powers. 

Edgeworth: The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. 

Phoenix: The defense is ready, Your Honor. 

Judge: Today will be the final day of this trial. I hope both the prosecution and the defense will be able to present decisive evidence. Very well, Mr. Edgeworth. Your opening statement. 

Edgeworth: In yesterday’s session, the defense presented us with a new theory for this case. He claims that the scene of the crime was, in fact, Studio Two. Today, I will call on people present in the Studio Two trailer that day. From their testimonies, the truth will become clear. 

Judge: Hmm… very well! 

Phoenix: Edgeworth seems a bit on edge today…’ 

He thought as the gallery started to whisper as the Judge slammed down his gavel, silencing everyone. 

Judge: You may call your first witness, Mr. Edgeworth.

Edgeworth: The prosecution calls Ms. Dee Vasques to the stand. Ms. Dee Vasquez is a producer who was present in the Studio Two trailer that day. 

He announced as Vasquez was brought into the courtroom by some guards as her gaze landed on Ryan’s blackeye as she smirked a bit before she pulled out her pipe and used it. 

Edgeworth: Will the witness state her name and occupation? 

Vasquez: … Dee Vasquez. I am a producer for Global Studios. 

Edgeworth: On the day of the murder, you were in the trailer in Studio Two… 

Vasquez: As everyone here knows, yes? 

Edgeworth: ? 

Vasquez: I dislike needless banter. If you must pontificate, do it when I’m not here. Unless you want to end up like them. 

She said slightly threatening Edgeworth as he noticed the bruises on Phoenix's face and saw the blackeye on Ryan’s right eye.

Edgeworth: Mrrph! 

Judge: V-very well, Ms. Vasquez. Please give the court your testimony concerning the day of the murder. 

Maya: Nick! Fake Nick! I know she did it! Make her pay! 

Ryan: R-right! 

Phoenix: ‘If she’s guilty, I’ll catch her with her pants down… So to speak.’ 

He thought while the older woman just sighed boredly as she started her testimony. 

Witness Testimony 
-The Day of the Murder–

Vasquez: I entered the trailer, oh, a little before noon. The meeting began at 12:00 sharp. It ended at 4:00. There was to be a rehearsal afterwards, so we went to Studio One… I was fatigued, so I had Sal take me. At 2:30, we took a 15-minute break in the meeting. Sal and I ate t-bone steaks on the table in front of the trailer. We found Hammer’s body later, when we all went to Studio One. That’s all. 

Judge: Hmm… I have a question about one part of your testimony. You were “fatigued” so you had Sal “take” you…?

Vasquez: The van. 

Judge: Hmm? 

Vasquez: There’s a van at Studio Two. I had him take me in that. I thought it might be risky to walk, what with that monkey’s head toppling over.