Shadow

Puddleshine strolled through the Shadowclan camp, the dark grass skimming his paws as he ran to the medicine den, the wind blowing his soft brown, splotched white fur. He took some catmint from the shadowed parts of the herb store and ran back out.

He heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Where are you going?" mewed Shadowsight, his dark grey tabby fur blowing in the breeze. His amber eyes were thoughtful and curious.

"I'm just on my way to check on Tigerstar," Puddleshine replied, his ice-blue gaze sweeping through the camp, resting on the leader's den, where Tigerstar lay.

"He's been acting weird." mewed Shadowsight with worry. "And violent."

Tigerstar was Shadowsight's father and the leader of Shadowclan. The strong tom had been acting very unusual and appeared to be ill. And he was not getting better, no matter how hard Shadowsight and Puddleshine treated him.

"Be careful," warned Shadowsight. "He's starting to bite cats who get within a close radius of him."

"I'll stay safe," Puddleshine replied with understanding. He turned, his tail skimming Shadowsight's pelt as a form of comfort. Then, he set off to the shadowed den. Two warriors pushed hard, rolling away the giant stone border that covered the den.

Tigerstar sat in a corner. His eyes were bloodshot, and he watched the outside through a crack in the wall. There was an old gash on his flank, a bitemark of another leader, Bramblestar. Bramblestar had been acting very weird and violent, his golden eyes bloodshot when he bit Tigerstar a week ago. And now Tigerstar was acting the same way.

Jayfeather, the gifted silver medicine cat with blind blue eyes, believed this sickness was a variant of greencough. It started with the usual whitecough symptoms, then progressed to unfocused, bloodshot eyes, and foaming at the mouth. And at the very end, the victim of the illness would have black gore leaking through his eyes and mouth. The whites of the victim's eyes would become black, and their eyes would glow. This illness was called deathcough and had 3 stages: Whitecough, foaming and bloodshot, and black gore.

"Hey..." mewed Puddleshine. "How do you feel?"

Tigerstar growled, unsheathing his claws. He smiled, and dark gore dripped from his mouth. Puddleshine took an automatic step back. "I'll just leave the Questnelle here," he mewed cautiously. "Take one piece every hour." Then, Puddleshine stepped out of the den and ran. The two warriors, Cloverfoot and Slatefur, pushed the bolder hard. It began to roll back into place quickly. Puddleshine heard Tigerstar's bloodcurdling yowls and quick, heavy footsteps, and then Tigerstar hit the bolder that covered the leader's den.

Puddleshine stood in front of the den, rooted with terror. He gasped for breath. Tigerstar was lapsing to stage 3 of the infection. Nothing was going to save him now. Puddleshine looked around the camp. That would be the last anyone would see of the mighty Shadowclan.

Not unless the clans find a cure.

_______________________________________________________

Yes, it's very short but this is my first time writing an AU and story so forgive me 
I'll publish parts two and three around the last week of March <3