𝟏. The Start of a Difficult Problem✧

A betrayal, an invasion? Those two were something Kayatsya would never expect to happen, especially from someone like Irma. But here she is, sitting at her desk, looking blankly at the letter sent from none other than Irma.

Simply saying that the invasion was planned years ago, the moment they formed an alliance.

And that she wasn't sorry. Irma really did change over the years huh?

Kayatsya's blood boiled, but her heart was broken, and her mind was full of questions.

Why? Why did her, now, past ally betray her? What if Irma wins, and takes Kayatsya's land away from her?

And if she does, what will happen to her 4 children?

Innocent, mindless children-- except Promee.

Kayatsya and Irma have been friends since 4th Grade, and just 2 decades later-

It broke. The friendship has come to its end. Maybe, this is just how it's supposed to be.

There's no other choice but to switch sides. If she switches sides, she'll have to work with her nemesis: Armeni.

But if she doesn't, she's no match to Irma's current military strength. She'll definitely lose, if not, that's just luck.

Even if it means Kayatsya has to work with Armeni, at least there's a higher possibility of victory.

–After scrambling through her thoughts, she made her final decision.

Switch sides.

Not surprising, who wouldn't want to win anyways?

Now, how should she explain her request of joining the other side to Armeni?

+++++++

"You want to join us?!" Armeni wheezed, "Out of anyone on this earth, I'd never expect YOU to actually work together with me."

Kayatsya stared at Armeni with an annoyed expression. How can you be so obnoxious, yet, so professional? This is the person everyone relies on?

"So, tell me- Other than for victory, why do you plan on joining us?" Asked Armeni.

"If I'm not wrong, you wouldn't like it if anyone, especially Irma or me- to win a war when they're not on your side." Kayatsya replied.

"Awe, you know me so much!" Said Armeni.

"The only reason the Treuesreich have not reached Riente is because I'm blocking their access," Kayatsya continued, "And if Irma manages to defeat me, she'll take over Riente together with Uso.."

Kayatsya is the only reason Irma hasn't achieved victory. The original plan to deal with Irma's actions was to have highly secured borders. One in the West with Marceau and the other in the East with Kayatsya. Unfortunately, with Marceau's stupidity, ignorance and selfishness, Irma managed to take over the western lands. Now, only Archie's country stays strong in the West. And Irma has already confiscated 70% of the eastern territory.

As for Armeni's role, who knows?

(The meeting has neared its end.)

"I'm sure we're done with the meeting now?" Chuckled Armeni, nervously.

"Mhm, it seems like we've reached the end of our conversation. I won't bother you anymore now." Replied Kayatsya.

As Kayatsya was gathering her documents and preparing to leave the meeting room, someone was suddenly heard knocking on the door violently, demanding to have a talk with Armeni.

"Armeni!" Archie shouted, barging in. Archie is Armeni's father, her mother on the other hand– died due to poisoning.

Armeni glared at Archie, playing dumb as she always does, she decided to reply with a: "I didn't even do anything?"

"Armeni, you need to help your allies," Said Archie, "We join your team to win and get your help, yet, you aren't even doing anything!"

Not doing anything? Well then, what's the point of working with Armeni? Guess there's no turning back now. Kayatsya slid through the door avoiding Archie and left the room.

Kayatsya glided her fingers on the pillars of the buildings, she looked outside. There stands the famous Statue of Superiority. The scenery through the hall of Caviriam Government Establishment (C.G.E) was marvelous, no wonder the Caviriacan people praise their nation so much. It made her jealous, Kayatsya's government buildings were far better than every other country. But contrasted to Armeni's, it felt humiliated. Or in more honesty, she felt humiliated. Is this why citizens of this country claim they have the best architecture? No, wait. The statue was created by the Atterrir people as a reward, and the CGE was built by the Demrish. So none of these were actually created by the Caviriacan. Pathetic, the truth is always hidden from this nation, it's the only way for the people to respect it's homeland. Or else, they'll realize how horrible the Caviriam government is-

And how they're no different to the government of their political enemies. Maybe worse, maybe just a tiny bit better.

+++++++

2 days into the war, Kayatsya and her four children had to move and live in a more safe area. Mostly to protect Kayatsya, and Promee who is capable of replacing Kayatsya just in case she somehow dies. The other three were not as important as Promee, so if they died, there'd be no fuss about it at all.

"Mama, I want to go home." Said Lev, youngest of the four.

"This is home, honey." declared Kayatsya, "You'll have to get used to living here.."

One was in his room complaining about the change. How disrespectful.

Another stayed quiet, not wanting to anger her mother. How... polite?.

And Promee, she had to complete her training courses. How hardworking, as always.

All picked a room for themselves, except for Lev. He's just not old enough to make decisions.

There was news that said the Treuesreich have conquered 4 cities, and their army is surrounding the capital. But the UAHR military is doing its best to protect the capital city.

They're not doing such a great job though..

But it is a great opportunity to teach Promee about strategy. She's quite good at doing that already, but this time, how about trying it out in a real situation.

RING RING

It must be Armeni, or at least someone who's related to her like Archie.

"Hello? Kayatsya speaking."

"Ah, thank god." Murmured the stranger, "I'm Theo, you know, Armeni's brother."

"Awkward and informal... What is the purpose of you calling me at such time?" Kayatsya asked.

"The Caviriam intel shows that the Rishennian part of your UAHR are planning to overthrow you and work if the Treuesriech-"

Treuesreich? Overthrow? Why? Perhaps Rishennians doesn't feel the same as it used to before Kayatsya's reign. How could they be upset? Their past governments did nothing but made them slaves to the royal family? They weren't even given shelter, food, and water. What's there to call better?

Disappointing and preposterous.

To think that Kayatsya is doing a much worse job than those royal scums.

Kayatsya realized that Theo was calling out to her, but she didn't reply as she was in her thoughts. So he simply hung up.

Kayatsya has been seeing Ivan, the second child, day by day having more interest in the Treuesreich.. And losing interest in the UAHR.

Ivan was never fond of Kayatsya, nor did they ever had a bond together. The only thing that made the two of them similar is that they have the same blood (obviously). Everything else was different. Kayatsya had black hair and golden eyes, while Ivan had blonde hair with ocean blue eyes. Must've stolen it from his father, who is divorced to Kayatsya.

Enough of that, Kayatstya's mind just needed some rest from all this stress.

The war will definitely take a heavy toll. And it won't be easy.