The group looked at each other before we looked at our teacher, not saying a word.

Finally, Bryson cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "We will be busy on Saturdays until after cross country ends," he said and gestured to me and then himself. "Practice is in the mornings, so it won't be a problem for us to go to that and then do this in the afternoon."

"Mmmhmmm," Mrs Grey said and nodded before she looked at me and raised an eyebrow in question. "Ms. Lanchester..?" She raised her eyebrow higher, and I had a feeling that she wanted to know if what Bryson had said was true.

"He's right," I said and nodded in confirmation. "I do have stuff after school, but they are usually at four or five in the evening, and I'm not on the actual teams, so..." I shrugged and grimaced. "I can handle tech week without having to sacrifice anything, too. I have done it before."

Well, everything besides training with my group... I added silently while I pressed my lips into a thin line, but that is waaaaaayyyyy in the evening, so I am not worried about that at all.

Claire narrowed her eyes and scowled at me before she turned her gaze to our teacher, and I held back an eye roll while I scowled.

Oh, great, I thought while I pursed my lips in annoyance and wrinkled my nose in disgust. Here we go, again.

"She ca-"

"Oh for the love of the Goddess, can you stop talking, please?" Frederick asked, interrupting her. He scowled and narrowed his eyes while he stared at her. "All you have been doing is whine, whine, whine. You don't like her getting the part, but guess what? She got the part fair and square. Are you that afraid of her that you have to make her feel bad and be a big pain in the ass to everyone who has to hear your stupid voice?"

I bit back a small snort and rolled my eyes before I scowled and narrowed my eyes. "Oh, please," I said and folded my arms across my chest while I leaned back in my seat. "She isn't making me feel bad at all. It's just boring stuff that keeps coming out of her mouth, and I don't even care about her."

Claire bristled slightly and narrowed her eyes while she looked at me. She didn't say a word, and I bit back a small smirk while I looked at her.

"Awww, poor baby," I said with a small coo. "Did that make you feel sour?"

"You b-"

"Enough," Mrs. Grey said, interrupting Claire. "As Frederick said, she got that part fair and square, Claire. If you are going to continue to bully her or make her feel bad, then I can go ahead and let you leave and not learn your parts as her understudy. There is no need for this type of behavior, Claire." She paused and narrowed her eyes while she scowled. "Is that understood?"

Claire pressed her lips into a thin line but didn't say a word. She narrowed her eyes and scowled before she looked at me and then at Mrs. Grey.

Finally, she bit back an annoyed sigh before she slowly nodded and looked away from her. "Yes, Ma'am," she said before she cleared her throat and shifted in her seat while she looked at me. "I'm sorry," she said.

I held back an eye roll, knowing full well that she wasn't sorry. "Un huh," I said but kept the rest of my thoughts to myself. I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat before I looked at Mrs. Grey. "Can we go ahead and get this meeting started, please?" I asked and raised an eyebrow higher. "I want to get this stuff done so that I can get home and get ready for dance practice."

"Of course," Mrs. Grey said before she cleared her throat and looked at Stacey, who still had the scripts in her hand. "Go ahead and hand them out," she said, and Stacey nodded in agreement and did what she was told to do. "Does everyone know who they are playing?" she asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

"No," Frederick said and shook his head, interrupting the few murmurs of agreement. He folded his arms across his chest and pouted, even though there was a look of amusement on his face. "I don't know who I am playing as because there was no sheet on the door."

"Ya... that's because Claire took it down to shove it in my face after first period," I said and reached into my bag and pulled the piece of paper out of it before I handed it to him. "Here. You can have this."

Frederick took the piece of paper from me and uncrumpled it. "Why did you keep it?" he asked, and I shrugged and grimaced. "Are you that excited that you are playing Jenna that you had to keep it?" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk on his face.

"Eh," I said, and he bit back a small snort while Claire bit back a scoff and rolled her eyes and scowled. "I don't care one way or another. So, who are you?"

"I'm Frederick," Frederick said, teasingly, and I held back an eye roll and scowled. He smiled innocently and slowly blinked. "Oh, right, you are talking about who I am in the musical." He cleared his throat and looked at who he was before he looked at me. "I am Earl."

I nodded and bit back a small sigh of relief. "Good," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "I am glad."

He bit back a small snort and shifted as well. "Awww, I am so glad that you are happy, Wifey" he said, teasingly, and I held back an eye roll while I scowled. "What would you have done if I wasn't?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

I shrugged and grimaced. "No idea," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted some more in my seat. "I don't know what would have happened if you weren't Earl, especially since some of the stuff that happens in the musical..." I gave him a pointed look.

Frederick grinned, and amusement flashed through his eyes. "True, true, true," he said and nodded. He looked at Bryson before he looked at me, and his grin seemed to grow wider while they communicated silently.

"Frederick," Bryson warned while he narrowed his eyes and scowled, and I bit back a small snort while Frederick looked at him and grinned innocently. "What do you mean by that look?"

"Mmm, nothing, nothing," he said and shook his head before he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat, giving him his best innocent look ever. "Now, let's go ahead and get everything situated and set. I don't think we should keep Cass here any longer." He winked at me, and I rolled my eyes and scowled.

"Oh, Goddess, just shut up already, Frederick," I said, earning a laugh from him. "Just shut up."

"Not a chance, Cass," he said and shook his head, biting back another laugh. "Not a single chance."

And with that, we got the rest of what we needed to do with no other interruptions from anyone in that class, much to my relief.

Thank Goddess...