Chapter 07: Boss and a Mossanda

Start from the beginning

"I like that..."

"What? Telling me when I become an Alpha?"

"No, the fact that you said when you become an Alpha. Shows that you've already begun to focus on what needs to be done and it's an actual goal of yours."

I didn't realize I had said that myself.

"Well, I'm pretty serious about leaving the island..."

"And I'm inclined to believe you, but I have one more question; are you sure you want to leave the island? You're still reeling from the fog and barely know anything about yourself. How do you know there's anything out there for you? What if you came here for a reason and you just can't remember it?"

Rhea was at a loss for words. She hasn't had the time to think about all the different possibilities of how she had found herself on the island in the first place or what her life was like before. Cast really had a point, but what else could she do?

"I'm as sure as I can be with the knowledge I have of myself in this moment. I don't like it here, and maybe that changes over time, but...right now, I'm sure I want to leave."

"That's good enough for me".

"So, you'll help me then?!"

"...I'll accept your deal, but only if you can prove you're serious about your training."

"And how will I do that?

"With the first mission, of course."

——-Later that day...

He can't be serious...

Rhea stood behind a large tree atop a hill overlooking a familiar shoreline. Cast had sent her on a mission to retrieve some goods from the shipwreck she came in on. At first, she thought it would be as easy as picking up seashells while taking a stroll on the beach, but it wouldn't be that easy.

The condition Cast gave her was that she'd have to retrieve the supplies on her own, which would've been easy enough, except she wasn't alone. From where she was hiding, she could see a large pal rummaging through the goods. And so, what stood between her and the information she wanted from her captor was whatever this creature was.

To find out what the species was and possibly learn something about it that would help her complete her task, she quickly pulled out her Paldeck and aimed it at the creature.

***   #33 Mossanda    ***

A Pal so powerful it's hard to believe. In one experiment, this Pal tore through 3,000 sheets of paper at once! It's only by some miracle that this Pal isn't a meat-eater.

Pal Type: Grass

Heath Points 100

Base Attack    90

Defense            90

I'm not even sure what to do with this information. On the one hand, I'm happy it's not a carnivore. I might be immortal, but I'm in no rush to experience being eaten by a monstrous pal. On the other hand, it's insanely powerful, so I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to make this happen.

Rhea looked a bit closer and studied the Mossanda for a while trying to learn what it was doing, but she couldn't figure anything out.

What is he doing here, anyway?! He looks almost bored. He looks as if he's just curious about all the stuff from the shipwreck.