The Devil's Judgement

Lucifer sat in his small cell, well, the cell was actually very nice. A twin size bed with the softest pillow and sheets, a private bathroom and even had a fridge that had endless supply of food. You'd think he was staying in some sort of hotel, but no, he was locked up tight. He had these angelic cuffs on each wrist that bound his angelic powers back, not even allowing him to materialize simple objects. He hated this.

Is this what being a human felt like? Powerless? Is that what... Adam and Lilith felt? Why they adored him so much in Eden? Because he could do all these amazing things? He didn't know but it made sense in his head. He was ripped from his thoughts when a knock at the door came, quickly standing up and moving back. The doors opened and Michael walked in, looking at Lucifer with a look he couldn't read.

"Michael."

"Lucifer."

Michael sat down on a chair he materialized as he watched Lucifer slowly move to sit on his bed, staring at his brother. "How's your wing?" Lucifer asked and Michael looked to the side.

"It's healed already. How's your jaw?" His voice was softer than when they saw each other on Earth. Lucifer knew Michael probably missed him, and hated him for leaving him alone. He frowned and looked to the side before playing it cool.

"It's fine, Gabriel keeps pulling his punches." Lucifer said like it was nothing which got a snort from Michael. "Yeah... he'd have taken your head clean off if he did." The older brother spoke which baffled Lucifer.

"No! He'd have bruised me at best!" Lucifer complained and Michael rolled his eyes. "Okay Luci, whatever you say~!" Michael said with a smile and a laugh.

"I... haven't heard that in a long time..." Lucifer said and looked at Michael with a soft sad look, Michael's chest felt tight looking at his fallen brother. "Yeah... yeah I haven't said it... in awhile..." Michael said and the room grew quiet as they sat there and looked at the floor, shifting a bit awkwardly as they didn't know what to say. "So... the... sinner, who is he?" Michael asked and Lucifer immediately looked at Michael with anger.

"No one important, why!?" Lucifer said on edge and Michael sighed. "Relax... we aren't gonna go after him just... I'm curious is all. The only person I've ever seen you protect was Lilith." He said and Lucifer shook, gulping hard as he feared for his lovers safety.

"Lucifer, no one is going after him... breathe. Breathe.." Michael stepped forward and grabbed Lucifer's arms, watched as his little brothers mind filled with anxiety, the tension in his body building, he recognized this same thing when he was going to their father to show him his creation of a baby duck. He frowned, his arms moving around Lucifer and began to sing to him gently.

'This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine... Oh, this little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine...'

Lucifer recognized the song immediately, a fond memory of a young Lucifer looking at his baby duck creation, feeling anxious and scared that it would be rejected but Michaels singing and embrace got him through it and God accepted the duckling with a fond look.

Lucifer listened for a bit before pulling back slowly, looking at Michael a lot calmer as his brother sat next to him. "Sigh... that... was Alastor... he's my boyfriend... but he would have been my fiance that night if you guys didn't wait mmm a few more minutes!" He glared at Michael who glared back. "How was I suppose to know you were getting engaged!"

"Read the mood stupid!" Lucifer said before they both burst into laughter looking at each other, the sound of their laughter harmonizing in the room as they slowly stopped. It almost felt like... no time has passed at all between them. Even though they fought, hurt each other, and almost tried to murder the other, they still cared deeply for the other.