Chapter nine: The Bounty.

'we want him dead or alive, and fast'

**Alora's POV: (first person)**

There was a new bounty for the famous bounty hunters. And it wasn't just any ordinary job for them, they needed the vampire hunters help.

"So, ladies." The man says in a deep, chilling tone. "You've been trying to catch Lorenzo, correct?"
I turned and looked at Amaya who had a dead-serious expression. "yes, we have." Amaya replies, turning to me. It was only the two of us in the office with the 3 men, loads of people give them badass names, but they're not that badass, they are just really, really good at their job.

The man sporting a vintage mustache exclaimed, "Guess what? We've got a fresh bounty!" His face twisted into a menacing grin as he continued, "It's that elusive vampire you've been relentlessly chasing." His gaze locked onto mine, sending shivers down my spine. "Have you ever come face to face with him?"

I gulp, Amaya thinks we have only met once, but it was way more than once. "uh, yeah, once." I reply, looking back at the man. The man nodded, "And how did that go?"
After I explained the time he killed Theodore (and saved me, but i didn't mention that..) the man looks interested. "How intriguing." The man twirls his finger around his vintage moustache, he held his hand out for me to shake. "I apologise for my rudeness, I haven't introduced myself yet." Amaya gives the man a sheepish smile. "My name is Howard Jay."

I shook his hand, "Nice to meet you, my name's Alora." I didn't want to be rude, especially because these guys are well known. The man who was talking to us before, the one with the deep voice, pushed Howard out of the way. He holds his hand out. "My name is Drake Deranged" As the man was close, i noticed he had a pirate patch on his eye, it was strange but I didn't question. I shook his hand. The third one looked almost shy, before he rushed towards me, (it looked a bit like he teleported as he was so fast) he held his hand out with a small, sweet smile. "I'm Walter Van Rensselaer" Walter seemed so excited to meet us, I also shook his hand.

"So lads, let's go with this lovely young woman and-" Howard was talking, but Amaya cut him off.

"Uh, before you leave.." She begins, leaning on her desk. I swear Amaya is trying to flirt with one of them. "We have a vampire hunter, he name is Rose Elrod, I think she might've been kidnapped as she hasn't come back.." It had been 2 days since I talked to Ruelle, since the theories were going around, Vampire Hunters cannot let anyone know about vampires at all. So even we are at risk. 
"Alright ma'am, we'll try our best to find her as well." Howard flicks his moustache and leaves, it was a bit amusing.

____________________________________________________________

And you might think; 'Well, you're a human, so how do you know about Vampires?'

Here is your answer.

Every vampire hunter has their own special skills that they get throughout their lifetime, it goes up in common, uncommon, rare, super rare and legendary. The skills common would have is: Sensing vampire's presence, and being half immune to vampire bites. The skills uncommon would have is: Being able to have more knowledge before anyone else, seeing parts of the future and being able to manipulate blood to smell like a vampire. The skills rare would have is: being able to know when vampires are out, sensing out where exactly the vampire is and a fast runner. The skills super rare would have is: Good at fighting, really good with aim, being able to read small parts of a vampire's brain and having a good sense of smell. And finally, legendary. Nobody really knows the true powers as it's a 0.0000000001% chance, but one of the types we know is that legendary can set things on fire, so it'd be great as you could kill vampires easily.