Chapter Five: Why Did You Get Drunk?

Alora politely took some red wine from her friend Rose. They were drinking and having fun, though Alora couldn't help but to steal glances at Lorenzo whenever she could. She wanted to know why he was here and what he wanted. "Alora, are you alright?" Rose asked, concern evident in her voice. "Yeah, i'm fine.. why'd you ask?" Alora looks at Rose with a confused look, why would Rose ask such a thing like that. "Well, you keep looking away from me whenever I tell you something about us being vampire hunters" Rose replies, looking at Alora. "So that's why I asked.." Rose still looked concerned about what was happening. Alora feels grateful about having a friend like Rose, but also a bit worried. What if Rose found out that she has been talking to the most wanted vampire this whole time, she'd be dead.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just keep zoning out. It's probably the alcohol making me feel like this, maybe we should go home." Alora looks at Rose, hoping she'd buy it. Because in reality Alora has been stealing glances at Lorenzo, which she didn't want Rose to know. "Oh, that's fine. But why do we have to go now, it's only 10 pm." Rose asks, she seems confused about why they have to go.
"Well, it is pretty late-" Alora got cut off by Rose. "No, it's not!" Rose exclaims, her voice was indeed a bit slurred, she was most-likely drunk and Alora can't leave her alone here, so she stays.

___________________________________________________

After a while, Rose kept on falling and tripping, it was annoying Alora quite a bit.
"Need some help?" A voice asked, it seemed familiar, but it wasn't Lorenzo. She turns around to see Zeke. "When were you here?" Alora asks, a bit suspicious of Zeke. Zeke shuffled around awkwardly. "Were you stalking us? Or specifically Rose?" Alora was definitely suspicious of Zeke, and he was still just shuffling around awkwardly. "Well.. yes, i was.. I'm really sorry I just wanted to make sure that Rose is okay. I heard that you were both coming here and I just wanted to make sure you're both safe.. I can take Rose if you want" Zeke answers her question nervously.
"Oh, sure, you can take Rose." Alora says, finally getting rid of Rose. She walks with Rose closer to Zeke, it was like trying to teach a toddler how to walk.

Once Rose reached her destination (Five steps to get to Zeke) Alora began to walk towards the bar to get another drink. "Good day m'lady, what can I get you?" The bartender asked, Alora told him she wanted red wine and he got her a glass. She was about to go see Rose but saw an awfully familiar figure coming towards her, Lorenzo. "My, my darling. I didn't expect to see you here." He says, his voice had a deep and calming tone. Alora looks at him with a smile.
"I wasn't expecting to see you here, when do vampires come to clubs?" She asks, amused. Lorenzo shrugs, "I don't know. I thought it was a hotel." He says, looking around. She laughs a bit that he thought it was a hotel. As she sipped her wine more and more, she began to feel less in control of her body, she was becoming drunk.

"Seems you're drinking a lot darling, it's not good for you" Lorenzo looks at Alora, impressed. "I've never seen a human drink that much in a minute.." He had slight concern in his voice, though he didn't seem to care much. "I was.. going..." Alora begins, she was drunk. "Going to... leave now..." It made no sense what she continues to say, but Lorenzo seemed amused by this, and he wasn't going to stop her.

___________________________________________________

Alora wakes up, she had a headache. "I must've gotten drunk.." She says to herself, sitting up in her bed. She looked around, it was her apartment room. She wonders how she got there as she swears she didn't walk.. Alora thinks for a while before sitting up. She walks into her kitchen and grabs some tablets from a cupboard Rose put medicine in, she takes the tablets and sits on the couch, still wondering how she got in her hotel room. Then it hit her, she couldn't have walked by herself or she would've passed out, she couldn't drive because she was drunk and Rose isn't home yet, so someone took her home. She then began to remember.

*Flashback*

"You're way too drunk, when are you gonna stop?" Lorenzo asks, crouching down slightly so he's eye-level with Alora. She looks into his eyes, her gaze filled with affection. "I.. need... home.." Alora says, she sounded like a two year old who is learning to talk, it was embarrassing. Lorenzo picks her up in bridal-style and walks out of the building. "Darling, don't worry, you're knight in shining armour is here." Lorenzo smirks.

Once they reach her apartment, he lies her down in bed. "You need to get some sleep" Lorenzo says, looking down at Alora's drunk body. "But one more thing before I go, you owe me." He leans close to her face. "And I'm gonna give you something to remember before I leave." He smirks. Alora is oblivious to what's happening as she's drank too much. Lorenzo leans closer and kisses her. Their lips connect and he kisses her deeply and passionately. She then begins to fall asleep.

*End Of Flashback*

Alora was pretty flustered now, her cheeks flushed and she couldn't believe that actually happened. "Why did you get drunk??" Alora says to herself. She was a bit annoyed at herself, but a part of her was happy and joyful, though she made herself believe she was furious with this vampire, she's got to put an end to this, an end to this all. 

It will be time to kill Lorenzo...

Though she can't do it, she won't. For some reason she gets shy around him, or she just forgets about being a vampire hunter. It was a strange thing that happened, and she wanted to know why. Maybe it's because he's good at manipulation, or he has an ability or super power or something.. 

Her phone begins to ring, she answers it. "Hello, Alora speaking?" She says into the phone. Her eyes widen in shock at what the person on the other side begins to say. "You.. You need me there now?" She asks, still shocked. "Okay, okay i'm coming right now!" She grabs her bag and changes her clothes quickly before heading to her company, this was important..