Chapter eight: The Vampire's Rampage For Love

*A Week Later*

Celeste had been acting strange lately. It wasn't that she was ill or anything, she was just really suspicious around Alora.

A few days ago, Alora met up with Lorenzo to have a chat about what he did with Theodore, she didn't care any less but it was for Amaya's sake. She hasn't seen Lorenzo since, but it would be fine.. right?
Well it was the complete opposite, even the other vampire hunters haven't even seen him wandering, maybe she hurt his feelings? Alora didn't know.

She stood out on her balcony when her phone began to ring, it ruined her thought. She picks up her phone and answers it. "Hello, who's this?" She asks, listening to the phone to see if she'd recognise the voice. "Alora. It's me, Harold." It was Harold, her boss in the real company she worked at. "Oh hi Harold, why'd you call?" She walks inside, not wanting bypassers to hear her conversation. "Well," He began. "I just wanted to ask how you and Rose are doing in London." 
"Oh, we're doing great, we've gotten more clues and that for Lorenzo's case." She smiles, feeling proud.

"that's good." He replies sharply, he was probably grumpy.
"How about you? How have you been?" Alora asks, doodling on a piece of paper so she doesn't get bored.
"Terribly! Everything has gone wrong. The real reason why i called is to tell you that you can't come back to Germany, you'll be working for Amaya's company permanently." He replies, his voice full of sorrow.
"Oh no!" Alora exclaimed, "What happened??" She was really curious as to why, she didn't mind staying in London, but it was just strange.

"Alora, the company burnt into flames.. all my hard work." He sighs.
She felt so bad now, Harold has always wanted to grow and own a company, it was his dream.
"I'm so sorry-"
"It was that stupid vampire you're trying to catch!" He cuts her off, "I'm absolutely going to fly to London now, we'll catch him together. Paul's coming as well." 
'Oh you've got to be kidding me, not Paul!' Alora thought before sighing, "I'm sorry about that- did your door just open?" The sound of a door creaking was heard "Are you alright-" Before she could even finish her sentence, she heard gunshots. Then a males voice, it was deep, and terrifying. Then it hit her. It was Lorenzo's voice.

"Lorenzo's there Harold.." She whispers into the phone.
"I know that!" He yells furiously "He isn't dying from the bullets in my gun-"

Eerie silence was heard. "AAHHHH!" sounds of agony and pain was all Alora could hear.
"Harold?.." She asks, 'As if I don't know he's dead, of course he is!' she thinks, listening.

"Alora.." A hot breath cascades the phone speakers, "I know you told me not to, but I couldn't help myself.." A dark, sadistic chuckle comes from the phone.
"What are you doing Lorenzo?" She asks curiously, she didn't care if Harold's dead, she knew he was using her for her talents.
"I killed him." He says into the phone.
"why?" She inquires. She was really curious.

"Because of what he was planning to do-" The signal cut off. What was Harold planning to do? Well at least Lorenzo killed him, there's no more worry about him. Rose ran into the room.

"Alora!" She calls, jumping on the bed i was sat on. "Look!" I look at her phone. It was the news. Lorenzo had killed everyone I knew in my highschool when i lived there. He had killed everyone who made me upset or mad.. It was quite flattering, but also quite alarming. There was over 300 people that had died so far, and yes, she had messed up relationships with people..

"You're the vampire that has been killing everyone in this town, why are you doing this?" A brave news reporter asks in the video. Lorenzo's unsettling grin appears, grinning from ear to ear. "Well miss" He glares into the camera, like he knew Alora was watching. "I'm doing it for a special person, and no, not a crush, a special friend" Lorenzo said, vanishing off of the screen. 'What a way to get friend zoned.' Alora thought, but why should she care? 

________________________________________

The next day, Ruelle texted me.

Alora did lie a little, she had to be honest

Alora did lie a little, she had to be honest. She knew it was Lorenzo who did this, but she had a strange, guilty feeling if she told Ruelle the truth, she wanted to try.

After a while, Ruelle rushes inside, her eyes red and puffy. Celeste was like her sister, it was hard for her to lose Celeste. "I'm so sorry for what happened Ruelle, I'm here if you need comfort." Alora widens her arms, letting Ruelle hug her tight.

When Ruelle finally calmed down, she began to tell me everything about Celeste. How they met, their fall outs, them sticking together. Alora tore up a bit, it was pretty emotional.

Her phone begins to ring again, she answers it. "Hello?"
She heard Lorenzo's voice. "Did she tell you?" 
"How did you even get a phone? Never mind. What do you mean?" Alora asks.

"Did Ruelle tell you about Celeste" He asks. He was so lucky Ruelle couldn't hear.
"Oh, yeah she did, but don't do anything to her." Alora replies casually, so it seems normal for Ruelle, well kind of.
"Okay, I won't. I've killed 313 people for you Alora." She could hear him grinning.
"You didn't have to, but it's.. kind of you?" She really was speechless, how would she describe that??

"Alora, they're all dead." He laughs sadistically, again. "You watched me on the news-"
"Are you obsessed with me?" She interrupts him "Because you've never done this.."
"Obsessed?" He repeats "Oh darling, I'm more than obsessed, you know, everyone I have killed deserved it. If karma didn't hit them hard enough, i did." 

Alora was silent.

It was flattering, but strange. A vampire, bloodsuckers, killed for her?

"Did you have a nice drink then?" She asks
"It was brilliant. I'm going now, goodbye darling~" He hung up. Alora was surprised that he knew how to use a phone, but there was something new everyday. She had completely forgot Ruelle was there.

"Who was on the phone? If you don't mind me asking."
'Nosy.' Alora immediately thought, though she didn't want to be rude, especially right now. "Oh, just an old friend of mine checking up on me as I told them I was coming here." She lies. 

Ruelle believed her. She turned on her television so they could watch a movie. The news was on, and she was about to turn the news off when something caught her attention. "Harold Rodriguez, bite marks found everywhere. Cannibalism or Vampire attacks??" The news said, she puts the remote down slowly, continuing to watch. People were making theories about vampires, they were real, but the others didn't know.

"Alora.. Alora?? Alora!!" Ruelle shook my shoulder.
"Oh, uh, yeah?" Alora looked at Ruelle.
"Where's Rose?" Ruelle looks concerned. Alora's eyes flickered back to the television, then they widened. "Rose.."

_____________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I wanted to know your opinions on something, should I change it to first person? Because I personally struggle with third person😭

But that's only if you readers wanted it, because I don't wanna ruin the story-

have a nice day/night/evening!