The Words

Dolly smiled up at me, wrapping her arms around my neck. She brushed my hair out of my face, wiping the sweat from my brow. I rolled to my side and pulled her with me, kissing her bare shoulder as we settled back into the bed. She watched me, her smile sweet and goofy as I kissed her hand.

"I need to get ready for work," she said absentmindedly, brushing a knot out of my hair. I furrowed my brows.

"We just did all of that, and you're worried about getting ready for work?" I asked incredulously. She laughed and pulled me to her lips, kissing me sweetly. She set her hand on the side of my face.

"You had that look on your face," she explained. I furrowed my brows again, and she raised an eyebrow. "You know what look I'm talking about."

"I have no clue what look you're talking about," I replied, kissing her jaw between my words. She laughed.

"Yes, you do!" she insisted. She smiled brighter at me. "That look where you're going to start things up again and make me even later than I already am."

I grinned at her and kissed her hard. I pulled back and peppered her face with kisses.

"Can you blame me?" I asked, making her giggle. I got an idea, trying not to get too excited. "What if we played hooky today?"

"We can't do that!" she exclaimed. I pulled her tighter to me.

"Sure, we can – don't you have subs for a reason? And Will's at the shop today, so he can cover for me," I replied. Her mouth twisted, and I could see the wheels turning in her head. I kissed her collarbones, working to convince her. "Come on, Doll, lets have some fun today."

"Oh, you know I love it when you call me that," she sighed. I smiled and pressed my lips to her ear.

"I know, Doll," I flirted. I moved back to her lips and kissed her softly. "Let's have fun – please?"

She groaned, but smiled, crinkling her eyes.

"I'm too easily convinced by you," she said, brushing my hair out of my face. I let out a loud cheer and kissed her hard, pulling her tight to me. She sighed as I moved down her neck, and I kissed the pulse on her neck softly.

"I'm thrilled I have the power of persuasion," I whispered before kissing her again. She grinned and shook her head.

"Hand me the phone – I need to call Mrs. Slank so she can get a sub in time," she ordered, nodding to the phone on my nightstand. I reached over and pulled the receiver to us, handing her the phone. She started dialing a number, setting the phone to her ear and waiting for someone on the other side of the line to answer. I decided to start messing with her, and I snaked an arm around the small of her back and started nipping at her neck.

"Eddie, get off – oh, h-hi Mrs. S-slank," she stammered, squirming under my touch. I smiled and pulled her closer to me, fixating on one spot on her neck. "N-no, I'm calling because I n-need a sub today. I've g-got a bit of a bug, so I need to stay home."

I grinned as she tried to wiggle away from me and pulled her closer. I sunk my teeth into her collarbones, and she gasped.

"N-no, sorry, Mrs. Slank, just f-feeling sick again – thank you for y-your help!" she squeaked before hanging up the phone. She smacked my shoulder, making me laugh. "You are a menace, Eddie Munson!"

"I just can't keep my hands off you!" I replied before kissing her hard. I felt her melt into me, and I smiled. I pulled back, and she immediately pulled me to her lips again. I kissed her hard and rolled onto my back, pulling her with me.

"You're a bad influence," she said quietly, tracing designs on my chest. I grinned, looking down at her.

"You need to cut loose every once in a while," I quipped. She smiled back at me, and I winked at her. "Besides – you told me how you were always such a major goody-two-shoes, let me be your cool, bad influence boyfriend."