Secret Girlfriend

"Eddie, quit overthinking it," I cooed, rubbing his chest. He glared at the ceiling.

"No – you know something, and you aren't telling me," Eddie snapped. I rolled my eyes and straddled him, hoping to distract him. He immediately turned his face away from me, but his face turned bright red, making me smile.

"Eddie – sometimes you need to let a girl have her secrets," I insisted, leaning down and kissing his neck. I smiled when I felt his face heat and continued to tease him.

"She's f-fifteen, she doesn't n-need secrets," he insisted, his hands moving up to my waist, but not moving me away. I pulled back and grinned at him.

The last couple of nights, after dinner, and after Maggie had gotten me to double check her makeup (she was getting so good!), she would look at the clock, and suddenly rush out, insisting she needed to see a friend. Eddie was starting to get suspicious of her and had begun pushing me to see if I knew anything. I would clam up, assuming that she was off meeting up with Matty to show off her new girly skills.

Today had officially tipped Eddie over the edge, though – it was Friday, and Maggie had come to me before school to ask if I had a dress she could borrow. She was bright red, and nervous, and couldn't really answer me when I asked what she was up to tonight. I assumed she was going on a date, so I had found an appropriate dress for her to borrow. Eddie's alarms started going off when Maggie twirled out of her room in my dress, over the moon about how she looked.

"What's that for?" Eddie asked, setting his hands on his hips. Maggie refused to look at him, smoothing the dress out.

"I'm just meeting up with some friends before the sleepover at Alexa's," she answered vaguely. She turned to me, grinning widely. "Does it look okay, general?"

I nodded, smiling back at her.

"It's going to be a hit," I replied knowingly. She got more excited and nodded while tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Okay – I'll see you tomorrow, O Weird One," Maggie announced to Eddie, pulling her bag over her shoulder and bounding towards the door. Eddie took a step forward, raising his hands.

"Woah, woah, woah – who are these friends that you need to dress up for?" Eddie asked, concerned. Maggie turned in the door frame, grinning wickedly.

"Who's your secret girlfriend?" she shot back. Eddie turned bright red and started stammering. I tried not to laugh as she giggled wildly. "That's what I thought – see you tomorrow!"

She slammed the door behind her, and Eddie turned to me, angry.

"She's a nightmare," he seethed, storming over to me. I smiled and threw my arms around his neck when he got to me. His stony expression immediately softened, revealing the kind, gentle man I had been falling for in the last couple of weeks.

"She's a teenage girl – she just wants to look nice," I explained, scratching the back of his head like he liked. He pressed his forehead to mine.

"But for who?" he pushed, still worried about his little sister. I kissed him softly.

"It's just like when we first met," I teased, smiling when he chased my lips for another kiss. "Just let her have a little privacy."

Eddie watched me for a beat and then kissed me deeply, making me melt into him. He started guiding me back to his room – this dance had become effortless for us, and we had learned how to easily get to the room without having to stop kissing each other. I fell back onto the bed with him, my heart racing as he pressed into me. I was brought out of our fervor when he pulled back suddenly, leaving me following his lips pathetically. His brows were furrowed.