chapter 9

"Evie." Evie woke up the first time Doug said her name, but she was going to give him a taste of his own medicine. "Evelyn Dwarfman get up." He said trying to sound intimidating. Then he kissed her. "Evie I know your awake now." He said. "Fine I'm up." She sighed. "The plane is landing in..." he glanced at her watch. "About 13 minutes." He told her. "Did I really sleep through an 8 hour plane ride?" She asked her husband. "No, for the most part." He said. "I made you get up and eat lunch but then you went right back to sleep." He told her. "I have literally no memory of that happening." She said, trying to remember it. "Yeah you were half asleep through the entire meal." He laughed. "That explains it." She said as she stretched. "You know you talk in your sleep?" He asked as yawned. "What?" She said, still yawning. "You talk in your sleep, Evie." He informed her. "Please tell me I didn't make a scene." She said looking at her husband seriously. "Don't worry, I would have woke you if you did. You mainly just mumbled nonsense." He told her as he signed into his phone to turn it off airplane mode. Soon enough the plane landed and the two got off. "Lets get a taxi, I can tell him to drive us to a hotel." Evie said as she turned her phone off airplane mode. "What if all the hotels are booked?" He asked with a eyebrow raised. "Don't worry about that, I have a surprise for you." She said as a Taxi pulled up.

Later:

"We're here." The guy driving the Taxi announced. "Thank you!" Evie smiled after she payed him and got out along with Doug, who was carrying most of their luggage. "Evie can you take one of these?" He asked sounding a little desperate. "Sure." She took a bag from his arm. "Okay so what's your surprise?" He asked as she looked at him. "Turn around and you'll see." She said as she turned around to the nicest hotel she'd ever seen. "Wow." He said with his mouth open. "Mal owed me one." Evie shrugged. "Now come on! Mal got us the best room in here!" She practically dragged Doug into the fancy hotel. "Jeez, your gonna break your brand new husband's arm!" Doug complained. "You two must be the freinds of Queen Mal and King Ben." Someone said from behind the two. "Hello, and you are?" Evie said politely. "I'm Moana's daughter, May." The girl smiled. (We're gonna say she's around Doug and Evie's age) "Nice to meet you!" Evie said as she shook her hand. "Mrs and Mr Dwarfman right?" She asked. "Yeah that's us." Evie confirmed. "Ok so I'm the leader of the islanders that's why I was here to greet you two." She explained as she checked the two in. "King Ben and Queen Mal are great to work with She smiled as she handed them the key to their room. "I'll show you your room." She said as she lead them to the highest floor. "It's at the end of the hall." She smiled. "Enjoy your stay." She smiled and went back the the entrance. "She was nice." Doug said as they walked into their room. "So is this room." Evie said as she walked around. "It's not nearly as pretty as you though." Doug flirted. "Charmer." Evie said as she sat her suitcase at the end of the bed. "Man jetlag is no joke." She sighed as the layed down on their bed. "There's no way your tired, you slept for like 8 hours straight." Doug said as he layed beside her. "Yeah, but it's my first time traveling, and I'm extremely exhausted." Evie complained. "Ok well I'm going to pick a movie then." Doug said as he grabbed the remote from off the nightstand. "Oh no you don't!" She took the remote from his hand. "What why?" He looked over to her. "Knowing you you'll put on snow white and the seven dwarfs." She raised an eyebrow at him. "Dang it." He sighed. "See!" She hit him with the remote playfully. "Oh you'll pay for that!" He took the remote from her hand and hit her back. "Hey!" She laughed as she wrestled him. "Gimme that!" She took it from him after she'd pinned him down. "Ok ok you win! I surrender!" He laughed as she hit him with a pillow. "That's what I thought!" She then pulled up Moana. "What I've never actually seen it!" She said after noticing the look Doug was giving her. "Whatever you say." He laughed as she snuggled up close to him.