𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

"Your honour, the prosecution calls for a recess." Florentina stood from her seat after getting a shake of the head from one of the detectives that a witness hadn't shown.

"Recess granted, we will resume after lunch," The judge banged the gavel as people began to filter out of the courtroom.

"Flory," She heard as she walked out of the courtroom, texting on her phone, looking up she saw Tim walking toward her, dressed in his uniform.

"How's the case going?" He asks quietly, noticing her tapping her foot repeatedly.

"I've got a witness to subpoena and a trial going sideways, so not great," She replied, tapping her foot another three times, stopping and then turning her body towards him fully. 

He notices she's tapping her foot, but his face remains expressionless. "What's the issue with your witness?"

"Didn't show," Florentina shrugged.

"He can't be that reliable then," Tim replies, his stare still unwavering. "So... is this one of those times when you really could use a distraction?"

"Like what?" Florentina asked.

He leans in closer, getting right into her personal space, his face still expressionless but his eyes studying her with intensity. "How about we get out of here and go grab lunch at that burrito joint you love?"

"You're on duty," Florentina reminded him, adjusting her bag on her shoulder.

"The burrito place is only five minutes away from the precinct," he points out, his eyes still locked with hers. "And I'm on lunch."

"Fine," She groaned as she stretched, "I don't even know what to get."

"Get the same thing you always get." He starts to walk towards the exit, assuming she'll follow.

"I can't get anything too heavy, makes me queasy in court," She said as he slowed down for her to walk beside him.

"Then get a light burrito." He says, holding the door open for her as they exit the courthouse.

"If I don't win this case I'm screwed," She sighed as she walked down the steps.

"Why's that?" Tim asks, following her closely as they make their towards the burrito joint he was talking about.

"The DA's gonna have my ass because I withdrew a deal because I thought he should get murder first degree," She huffed as she checked her phone once again.

"Sounds serious." He says in a slightly deeper tone, still looking at her and noticing her checking her phone for the fifth time.

"It is," Florentina took her hair out of the clip, "Most of them are."

"But you enjoy it, right?" He follows up on his question, watching her take her hair out of the clip.

"Oh I love it," She admits, "But I am on set to have a heart attack by 50."

"From the stress?" He asks, walking closer to her as the burrito place gets a bit closer, the smell of freshly cooked meat and beans starting to fill the air.

"From those and Mikey," She nudged for him to go inside, "Order and I'll give you the money, I just need to make a call."

"Sure thing," he does as she asks, going into the burrito place and ordering for the both of them. He's back out within minutes, handing her a burrito as the burrito guy hands him some change. He waits patiently for her to finish her call, tapping his foot on the path before he stops, aware of what he is doing.

"They found my witness," Florentina tells him, "No subpoena needed," She grabbed the bag off of him.

"Well, that fixes some of the problem, right?" He says, still tapping his foot and noticing she has also started to do so. He stops as he thinks for a second. "...You're tapping your foot."