𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

"Plain clothes day, huh?" Florentina said as Tim and Lucy walked into processing, a man in cuffs. Tim sighs, taking a step back to look at her. His expression is stoic as he sizes her up.

"Oh, get off it Rambo, just because you're not acting as an officer today doesn't mean that you can be your usual asshole self," Florentina scoffs as she signs another piece of paperwork at the desk.

"Yeah yeah, whatever makes you feel better about yourself Princess." He says with a mocking smirk, leaning against the wall.

"Well look at me doing my job, you, however, are not," She rolls her eyes, motioning for an officer to bring someone out of a holding cell.

"You sure do have a mouth on you." He leans in to inspect her nails. "Did you get your nails done again last night?"

"Yep, courtesy of Sean Del Monte giving me overtime." She retorted back at him, squinting as she read one of the papers in front of her.

"That guy must like you. Maybe he wants to take you out sometime?" He steps closer to her.

"Now if I didn't know any better I'd think that you're a bit jealous which if you were I'd slap you upside the head and remind you that there's nothing going on," Florentina smiles at him sarcastically as he rolls his eyes at her, Lucy going to process the man they brought in.

Tim raises his hands in mock surrender. "I'm totally jealous, I can't stand not being the centre of attention." He crosses his arms and scowls at her.

"You can be tonight, as you're coming with me grocery shopping," She patted his shoulder as his face dropped.

He groans and rolls his eyes. "You just love using your nephew as an excuse to make me babysit, don't you?"

"I need to buy food, and Mikey wants to see Uncle Tim," Her shoulders dropped as she leaned back against the desk.

Tim rolls his eyes. "And why does Mikey want to see his uncle? Because he misses me or because you told him to miss me?"

"Because you let him drink apple juice in a whiskey glass and he thinks he's the coolest kid in the world," Florentina replied, crossing her arms.

"Well, he is the coolest kid in the world." He shrugs. "And don't try to tell me he wouldn't find drinking juice out of a whiskey glass awesome."

"He doesn't want me anymore, last night he said 'I don't want Aunt Flory I want Uncle Tim,' so let's make him happy." She tried to manipulate him.

He narrows his eyes at her. "You told him to say that, didn't you?"

"Maybe, but you should go, Lucy's peeking at her assessment," She turned away from him to sign some more papers.

"Fine fine it'll be the least obnoxious way to spend tonight." Tim groans, stepping away from the desk, but not before tapping her on the shoulder with a sarcastic undertone being implied as she waved him off.

✰✰✰

Tim catches sight of Florentina walking into the station with Mikey in her arms. "Hey Mikey," he said as Mikey held his arms out towards him, making him smile as he walked over to them, taking Mikey from Florentina.

Tim kissed her on the cheek and took Mikey over to the front desk as Florentina watched him play with Mikey. He made silly noises to get Mikey to smile, and Mikey laughed. "Looks like I know who your favourite uncle is." Tim joked as Mikey laughed, Tim's face lighting up when the little boy laughed.

"The only uncle, well maybe he has one on his dad's side," Florentina shrugged.

"Yeah, maybe," Tim said as Mikey put his arm up and Tim lifted him onto the front desk, Tim tickled Mikey's stomach and the little boy squealed happily. "He is definitely my favourite nephew, though," Tim looked down at Mikey.