𝟙𝟟 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

I was very grateful for the Potter family since I had the Invisibilty Cloak. Fortunately, Tom was unaware of my useful possession. I followed The Dark Lord out of the building right behind him without his or anyone's knowledge. I hopped onto the Knight Bus and reached Godric's Hollow before Voldemort could.

The Fidelius Charm was a very powerful spell used to hide things or places, or to conceal secrets. A dwelling whose location had been protected by this spell was then invisible, intangible, unplottable and soundproof. James had used this charm on their home and had designated their most trusted friend Sirius Black as the Secret-Keeper. I then thought how I was going to find their home. But to my surprise, I saw their cottage perfectly in view. I jumped off the Knight Bus and rushed to the front door. I immediately knocked on the door and shouted, "James! Open the door! It's me, Y/n!"

After some time, the door opened and I was struck with a spell and I lost consciousness.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

"She's waking up! Get some water, quick!" I heard James speaking.

"James...?" I croaked.

"Y/n! I'm so sorry! I struck you thinking you were disguised as the Dark Lord." James said with worry.

"It's fine, James. What happened? Why has the charm broken?"

"It's not broken! We have been betrayed!"

"What?! Sirius can't be someone like that!"

"We switched to Peter Pettigrew thinking it would be less obvious!"

"What? You mean Peter betrayed us?!"

"Yes! Now we have to quickly move! He would come here any second!"

"Y/n! We're so sorry-" Lily came running with a cup of water in one hand and baby harry on her other hand.

"It's fine, Lily! I'm so glad I got to see you! Oh, my baby, Harry!" I reached for Harry and suddenly we heard the door blasting.

"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off!" James yelled.

I pushed Lily and quickly rushed her and Harry to Harry's bedroom on the top floor. Then we heard a thunder sound and that confirmed that James was killed with the Killing Curse.

"JAMES!!!" We both cried instinctively.

"Lily! Hide Harry! I'll try to distract him!"

"But Y/n-" I left the room immediately and stood still in shock when I saw Voldemort looking straight at me standing on the staircase.

"My lord..." I squeaked in fear.

"You betrayed me, Y/n."

"Of course I did! For the love of my family!"

"Hmm then let's see what you're capable of, hmm?" Voldemort purred as he climbed the rest of the steps closer to me.

"Get out from here! There's no one here left! Lily fled."

"I see, and now do you expect me to believe my victim's sister?"

"I'm telling the truth-"

"You get out the way, Y/n!" Voldemort shouted as he casted the Full Body-Bind Curse on me and I immediately fell hard on the floor.

Then he blasted Harry's door open and walked in. I was screaming from the inside as I was not capable of doing anything as he had said.

I heard both of them shouting. Then a loud thunder sound came from the room and a green light flashed lighting up the entire upper floor. Tom had killed someone! And who was that?! Was it Lily?! Or Harry?!

Then I heard another thunder sound. Oh my god! Tom had killed both of them! NO!!!

I was completely worthless! Even after coming this whole way, my presence was not capable of preventing the murder!

After few moments, Hagrid came and broke the spell on me. We both rushed to Harry's bedroom and we were left shocked. Lily lied on the floor dead while Harry was crying nonstop. Then what was the second thunder I heard? There was no sign of Voldemort as well. That's when my eye caught something. Voldemort's wand. WHAT?! It was Tom who died secondly??!! Oh my god!