𝟠 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

𝟒 𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

I was awakened by the sound of the front main door of our orphanage opening. I forcefully opened my eyes groaning. I wanted to check out who had either come in or gone out, but I heard footsteps out of the window next to my bed. I quickly clung to the steel bars of the window and watched carefully. It was quite dark but traces of sunlight had also started to appear. A tall and lean boy with wavy jet-black hair wearing a long black coat and a pair of black derby shoes was walking gracefully towards the main gate. It was Tom. Tom was heading to Hogwarts leaving me behind.

I had done every possible thing to convince him to take me with him while he was packing his stuff last night. First, I asked him nicely coating loads of butter. Then I gave him puppy eyes and pouted like a child. Annoyed, I shook him non-stop while practically begging him as he was struggling to fold his clothes neatly. All my hard work was paid off with a swift, "Prove you're a true Gryffindor, Pottah."

I watched how he walked with his usual long strides until he disappeared and sighed. I glanced at my little alarm clock and gasped. It was still 4 o'clock in the dawn. Children here usually got up at 5 o'clock and Tom had left an hour earlier to avoid the usual morning chaos in the orphanage. I quickly got ready, and grabbed my already-packed suitcase and pet Barn owl; 'Henry'.

 I quickly got ready, and grabbed my already-packed suitcase and pet Barn owl; 'Henry'

Then I opened the drawer of my bedside table, charmed with a lock. I was shocked to see my wand had disappeared! Oh, I know the thief. That bastard Tom had stolen my wand! Wait till I catch you, you sly selfish Slytherin!

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

King's Cross was busier than ever. I ran into the magical brick wall and rushed to the train. I was very confidently ready for my fifth year in Hogwarts but still contrastingly struggled to get my suitcase onto the train since my first year.

"May I help you, Y/n ?" asked a familiar sarcastic voice.

"Yes, please, Ignut" I replied with hope.

"Stop calling me that, Potty." Ignatius stifled a laugh and lifted the suitcase onto the train easily.

"Hey! Thanks, Ignut." I winked and hopped in. Ignatius shook his head slightly and climbed in.

We both entered our usual compartment where our other friends were waiting for us.

"Hey! It's so nice to see you!" greeted all of them.

"Hi! It's been so long." I said warmly.

"Sad news; this is mine and Lucretia's last year we can enjoy our time at Hogwarts," said Ignatius and all of us felt quite sad, we've been best buds for the past 4 years after all.

"That's awful. It would be awesome if you could join the school staff though," Alex said with hope.

"Nah, we'd love to join the Ministry of Magic as Aurors," said Ignatius rather interestingly.

"Yeah, becoming an Auror is the hardest possible career for a wizard. But, we're ready to give the whole of us for our dream," Lucretia said smiling while side-hugging Ignatius and kissing his cheek. So lovely.

"Oh, you guys must invite us to your wedding!" Agnes said suddenly hyperactive after being so quiet and calm.

"Of course! You both are my future bride's maids!" Lucretia exclaimed with joy.

"Wow! That's awesome!" Agnes and I shouted enthusiastically.

"Whoa, quiet down you two," Ignatius grinned.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you guys later. I have a little problem to solve. See ya!" I said and left to hunt Tom.

Younger students were practically rocking the train. I struggled my way through the corridor until I reached a certain compartment that reflected an aura of superiority. Tom was speaking boring serious stuff to his 5 minions whom he called 'friends' while they all listened with great interest with eyes wide open staring at Tom's mouth. I inwardly groaned and rolled my eyes. I walked ahead and stopped in front of their compartment holding onto either side of the door. Tom abruptly stopped his speech and all of them turned their heads towards me. I noticed Avery staring at me seductively, while Tom raked his eyes at my body up and down with slight lust evident in his eyes. I cleared my throat to wash away the awkwardness and said looking at Tom directly in the eye, "My wand, Tom."

All of his friends broke into a burst of laughter and Avery said, "Seriously, Tom? You stole Potter's wand?"

"What? No, I don't know what she's talking about." Tom said and looked back at me.

"Don't play games with me, Tom. Give it to me now."

"I already told you I don't have it, now get out!" Tom said gritting his teeth.

I walked in stomping my feet and stopped right in front of Tom crossing my hands over my chest.

"I am not leaving until you give it to me," I said boldly trying my best to intimidate him, but that would be a dream.

"Leave all of you. We shall meet at Hogwarts." Tom sighed and ordered his gang. All the boys left the compartment glaring at me, except Avery winked at me to which Tom growled.

After everyone had gone, Tom immediately stood up and I stepped backwards to create space. He walked towards me holding eye contact and I kept stepping backwards with confusion and secret pleasure as our faces got closer just inches apart. I was just tall about to his shoulder, so I had to bend my neck to look up at his eyes. His dark brown eyes lingered on my dark blue eyes. We both flickered our eyes at each other's succulent pink lips. My heart was beating so fast I was afraid he might hear it.

𝗔/𝗡 : 𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎! 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚈/𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚘𝚖'𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜. 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝! 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐!