𝟙𝟙 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝¡! ❞

I ran to the girls' bathroom on the second floor, ignoring the glances from other students. I cried hard holding on to the sink and looking at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, I heard another voice. I stopped crying and looked over as a squat girl with pimples and thick glasses came running in crying very loudly. I immediately felt ashamed of myself, and a small snicker left my lips unconsciously.

"What are you laughing at?! Okay, go on! All you girls know is to bully me!" The childish brunette wailed. She wore two long dark auburn pigtails and a couple of fringes just above her eyes.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh at you. It's just I felt ashamed of myself as I was crying here too," I said looking down at the floor as I quickly wiped my tears.

"Why would you cry? You're practically the goddess of the school!" The girl shouted at me in jealousy.

"What? No, you're mistaken. Our Quidditch Team was just punished because of my negligence on Potions!"

"WHAT? Are you serious?" The girl narrowed her eyes at me through her round glasses.

"Yes, that's why I was crying," I bit my lip in shame.

"Oh, then you deserve that," the girl smirked slyly.

"Excuse me? How can all of you be so rude?!"

Then we both shut up as another girl showed up in the bathroom. She started laughing hysterically as soon as she saw the brunette. I was confused and looked at the brunette who immediately broke into tears again.

"Just look at you, you ugly girl! Wearing such big glasses at such a young age? Very disappointing," the new girl insulted the brunette who cried even more louder. She was very proud of her appealing physical appearance. It was so loud that I couldn't take it anymore. So I interfered whether they liked it or not.

"Shut up both of you! What's going on?! You, there! It's very lame to insult another person based on how they look," I said firmly to the new girl.

"Oh, you shut up, Pottah. Mind your own business and leave."

"No! You leave, right now!" I raised my wand and without second thoughts, cast the Imperius Curse on her. She immediately left the bathroom and I looked back at the brunette who was already staring at me.

"Why did you do that? I just insulted you before she insulted me," the brunette asked quite ashamed.

"Because...I prefer to minimize having enemies as much as possible, I guess. Anyway, I absolutely condemn insulting someone based on their physical appearance."

"You do know that you'll be punished for what you did just now, don't you?"

"Oh my god, yes! Ohhh what have i got myself into...?" I groaned clutching my hair.

"I don't what to say. You're the kindest person I ever met. I'm sorry for insulting you earlier," the brunette looked into my eyes sincerely.

"It's okay. Hey, we could be friends. I'm Y/n Potter. What's your name?" I asked even more friendly.

"Hi, my name's Myrtle Warren. I'm in my third year, by the way. I suppose you're in fifth year?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"That's what I said earlier, you're the goddess of Hogwarts," Myrtle smiled sheepishly.

"Oh, please, that's exaggerating. Anyway, thanks. Oh, who's that girl who insulted you earlier?"

"That's Olive Hornby. She's in fifth year too."

"That's strange. I've never noticed her before."

"That's because maybe she's in Ravenclaw, just like me."

"Oh, you're both in Ravenclaw?"

"Yes, although I don't know why that Hat sorted me into Ravenclaw despite being so silly."

"Come on, let's get going," I snickered and dragged her out of the bathroom.

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*

I was walking through the corridor heading to Charms class. To be honest, I regret very much I used an unforgivable curse on a student just because I got angry. But, I just can't help when students insult others for lame things. As soon as I entered, the professor said something I never expected.

"Ah, Ms. Potter. You have been a very naughty girl."

"Excuse me, Sir? I don't quite get you," I said confused.

"Don't act like you don't know it. YOU CAST AN UNFORGIVABLE CURSE ON A STUDENT!" The professor yelled making sure the whole floor heard. All the students in the classroom were gawking at the fiasco. My breathing quickened as I shook in fear of punishment.

"Mr. Riddle, I request you to escort this bad girl to the Headmaster's Office."

Tom looked quite uncomfortable at the professor's request even though it pleased him to see me in trouble.

"I'm asking you because you're the best person who could persuade any student, especially Pottah," the professor spat my last name glancing at me in disgust. Tom slowly stood up and came out whispering, "You're unbelievable." I whispered back, "So are you."

It was very awkward as we both walked to the Headmaster's Office in silence. Then, Tom decided to break it.

"Why in Salazar did you cast Imperio on a student?" Tom asked curiously.

"That lame girl insulted Myrtle because of her glasses!" I replied quite angrily.

"Seriously? Did you risk yourself for a pathetic mudblood?" He spat the offensive word in disgust.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to say that word?" I groaned.

"Ah-ah, never think you'll be forgiven by Dippet. We all know how he is, now do we?"

"Oh god. What did I just get myself into?" I raked my hands through my soft chocolate-brown hair in frustration.

"Serves you right for melting your heart for the worthless," Tom snickered.

"Shut up, Tom!" I lashed at the almighty Tom Riddle who was feared by everyone.

"Watch your filthy mouth, you slut!" I gasped as Tom tightly grabbed my wrist and dragged me at a fast pace for my fearful punishment.

𝗔/𝗡 : 𝙸 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ;)