𝟙 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟓

The sky was quite dark as if it was about to rain

The sky was quite dark as if it was about to rain. I snuggled up to my bed just near the window and started reading one of my favourite stories; 'The Beauty and The Beast'. It was about a young and selfish prince whose heart was as cold as ice. He had lost his mother when he was just a little boy, like me. Well, my so-called parents had dumped me here in this stingy orphanage known as 'Wool's Orphanage' the day I was born. 

So, this little prince was raised by his nasty father; who died a few years later, into a mini version of himself, or even worse; a beast. Either the prince had to learn to love, or he would remain a beast forever. Fortunately, he meets a girl who will eventually tame his heart, radiating warmth. 

I don't know why, but something tells me that the same story might happen to me in real life. Turning to the next page of the book, I heard a boy scream. I looked outside from my window and gasped. That nasty boy of a bully was levitating Billy's rabbit! It looked like magic! How did he even do it?! I quickly put my book on the bed and dashed out. I could hear Billy yelling at the infamous bully in the orphanage; Tom Marvolo Riddle.

"Let it go! Let it go, you moron!"

"I told you you'd pay for it!"

I immediately interfered, "Leave Billy's rabbit alone Tom!"

"Ah, I was expecting you, silly girl! Just stay out of this!" He glared right into my eyes.

"No! Put it down RIGHT NOW!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Or what, Pottah? Hit me?" He grinned with a devilish smirk.

I was fuming at the sight of his annoying smirk when Billy cried at me, "Get out of here Y/n! He will hurt you!"

"No Billy, I am NOT letting this go." 

I suddenly ran towards Tom and got hold of his collar tightly. He immediately looked up and I did the same. My eyes widened, the rabbit was hanging on the wooden beams of the rafter of the roof! I punched Tom with all my might. But he pushed me to the ground effortlessly and stomped his foot on my chest as if declaring victory. 

He moved closer to my face holding steady eye contact. I was panting and was afraid that he would hear my heart race. He opened his mouth and asked with a low voice, "Do you wish to be hung on the rafter just like that rabbit, Y/n?"

I felt anger boiling through my blood. Suddenly, Tom was thrown far away onto the ground very harshly.

"Oh my god! What just happened?! Tom, are you okay?!" Mrs. Cole; the owner of the orphanage rushed to help Tom.

Tom groaned in pain and stared at me in shock.

Mrs. Cole exclaimed, "Oh no! Who hung Billy's rabbit on the rafter? Tom? Or Y/n?"

"It was HIM, madam! I didn't do anything!" I insisted.

"Don't lie, Y/n. I saw with my own eyes how you threw Tom onto the ground!"

"No, I'm not lying, madam! I don't know how it happened! I swear it was not me!"

"Are you telling me that poor Billy was the one to cause these disasters?" Mrs Cole sneered while Tom had his annoying smirk on his face.

"No, I honestly don't know madam" I murmured.

"Detention both of you. Neither of you is allowed to step foot outside of the orphanage for a week."

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.

Almost a week had passed since the astonishing incident with Tom Riddle. I didn't see him for the whole week, not that wished to see him. It was the last day of our detention and now I'm growing rather impatient until tomorrow comes. I was mad at Tom because if it were not for his stubbornness, I would be going out for a walk in the evening breeze right now. I was staring out of the window watching how my roommates enjoyed playing outside. I let out a deep sigh.

I was awakened from my trance by a knock on the door. "Come in," I replied. 

The door opened and I was shocked to see a boy's head peep inside. It was Tom.

"Tom?! What are you doing in a girls' room?! Don't you have any manners?"

He just grinned and closed the door. He walked to my bed and looked at me.

"Don't flatter yourself, Potter. I only came here to invite you to a challenge."

"Challenge? What challenge should I accept against you?"

"Don't think I would let go of your extraordinary act last week, Pottah! I am the only person who should be powerful in this orphanage. I'm going to confirm my power over you after the challenge."

I sighed, "You guys all got it wrong. I swear I did not throw you onto the ground with any 'powers' as you say. I was just angry at you, nothing more. All of sudden, you were thrown away from me as if by magic!"

"I don't care! If you're brave, unlike other girls in this orphanage, you must accept my challenge."

"Okay, fine. Tell me, what is your challenge?"

"Dear Y/n Dianne Pottah, I challenge you to return to the orphanage just the way you are, after coming with me along with two others to the Crystal Cave today," Tom said raising one eyebrow and with a proud smirk on his cute face. Wait, did I say cute? To TOM? No, no, no, no. It's so hard to admit that despite his cruelty, the boy was quite attractive. He would grow into a handsome boy when he reached his teenage. WHAT the hell are you thinking, Y/n??? Why won't you worry about the fact that Tom just invited you on a suicidal trip?!

"The Crystal Cave?! Are you mad? It's too dangerous to go there! How can we even approach the cliffs? Even grownup people won't go there."

"Oh, wow, Potter. I never thought you would reject my challenge. I'm so disappointed in you Y/n. I thought you were a different girl. Guess I was wrong. What a shame."

"No, Tom. It's not because I'm scared. It's because I care about the 'other two' children's safety. I'm not selfish enough to risk the lives of poor children just to prove I'm more powerful than you, Tom."

"You're weak, Pottah. By the way, aren't you fed up staying in this stingy place for a whole week?"

"Of course I am."

"So, why don't you come with me?"

"Do you want my company, Tom?" I asked with a slight smirk.

"What? No. That's a big no. It's just, it would be less boring rather than just going with the two idiots, and don't forget that this is a challenge."

"Who are joining us, Tom?"

"That Bishop boy and Benson girl. You coming?"

I thought for a while. They are quite weak compared to us. I should protect them. Who knows what this bully is up to? Anyway, it does sound exciting.

"Okay, I'm coming. But on one condition."

"What might it be?" Tom asked rather boringly.

"You must not hurt Dennis and Amy throughout the journey."

"Of course. It's up to them."

"What do you mean?" I asked suspiciously.

"You'll see." He said smirking and left the room.

𝗔/𝗡 :  𝙷𝚒! 𝚂𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛? 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 :)) 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞 <𝟹