𝟟 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 ˘͈ᵕ˘͈

I suddenly grew anxious as Professor Dumbledore called my name. Everyone was looking at me, including Tom. I took a deep breath and walked up to the stool. Dumbledore placed the hat on my head after I sat down and it started talking to me with its booming voice.

"Ah! A Potter! Well well, you exude power and feistiness. Your courage is undeniable. There's no doubt, you better be...GRYFFINDOR!"

The near-most table on the left burst into cheers. I was thrilled that my Housemates warmly welcomed me. All the nearby students shook hands with me very eagerly as I sat down on an empty seat filled with happiness. I caught Dumbledore's eye and saw a twinkle in it. After a couple of more sorting of students, the whole hall strangely turned silent as Professor Dumbledore announced a peculiar name; Tom Riddle.

I watched closely how Tom marched to the stool and sat on it confidently. Just as the hat made contact with Tom's hair, it shouted, "SLYTHERIN!"

Wow, the Sorting Hat easily recognised Tom's traits. I heard from Lucretia that Slytherins tended to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. They also had highly developed senses of self-preservation. The table next to us cheered as Tom walked gracefully towards it and took a seat. Lots of students tried to shake hands with him, and he shook hands with them with much dignity. After the Sorting Ceremony came to an end, the feast began. All of the plates in the Great Hall were filled with food magically. Now, that is another spectacular sight for me since the Wool's would only care about barely filling children's stomachs. The dishes were filled with a vast variety of fine food such as roast beef, roast chicken, mashed potatoes and many more. For dessert, there were blocks of assorted ice cream, apple pies, chocolate éclairs and many more mouth-watering desserts. The dishes were emptied by vanishing before our eyes when the feast was complete.

Then were were escorted by a Prefect to our dormitories through a little trip including the amazing Grand Staircase. The common room sported several shades of red and gold. The fireplace mantle was adorned with a portrait of a lion. It looked very cosy. The Gryffindor Girls' Dormitory was located on the seventh floor inside the Gryffindor Tower on the opposite side of the Gryffindor Boys' Dormitory. Likewise, boys and girls separated at the two staircases heading in opposite directions, while Tom and I made a final glance at each other for the day.

Our dorm had four-poster beds with red eiderdowns and curtains, a yellow Gryffindor banner, a nightstand, a wooden chair and dresser, and a lamp. The windows had red curtains. The dorm had stone walls, wooden floors, and a red and yellow carpet with the house crest. Wooden boards were on either side of the bed for students to decorate, and there was a white pillow, perch, and snuffbox for pets. The dorm had four-poster beds with house colours and crests, shelves, an owl perches, carpets, nightstands, and a centrally located stove next to a wooden table with books, an hourglass, a Self-Writing Quill, parchments, and a plant. 

The staircase to the girls' dorm was enchanted so that if a boy attempted to enter the dormitory, a wailing klaxon went off and the staircase turned into a stone slide, sending them back to the common room

The staircase to the girls' dorm was enchanted so that if a boy attempted to enter the dormitory, a wailing klaxon went off and the staircase turned into a stone slide, sending them back to the common room. There were 5 girls in our room. We quickly introduced ourselves and got ready to bed. I was glad since they seemed very nice. I happily settled myself in the bed next to the window and went to sleep remembering how I comfortably slept in the cheap dorm at Wool's Orphanage.

𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜! 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚈/𝚗 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚝 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜, 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚋𝚘𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜. 𝙼𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎! 𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘, 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚈/𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝙶𝚛𝚢𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚛. 𝙿𝚕𝚞𝚜, 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚋𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚅𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚝! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘. 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚜 <𝟹 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚙 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 - 𝙸 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞!

𝙿.𝚂.- 𝙱𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚓𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚢 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 ;)