Chapter 6. - Lessons and Friendships

Potter Manor 

"Today, Severa, you will be embarking on a challenge," Eumphmia's voice resounded with strength, yet there was an unmistakable undertone of excitement. "I will outline what you must create and the color you must incorporate, but the creativity will be entirely yours."

As Eumphmia handed Severa a card detailing the requirements, Severa felt a surge of anticipation. It was rare for her to receive challenges from anyone other than her mother, and that had been ages ago.

Glancing at the card, Severa's heart raced. The instructions were straightforward yet filled with intrigue:

"Design a gown using two distinct fabrics, with pink as the primary color."

Excitement and apprehension coursed through Severa. Two fabrics? Pink as the primary color? This challenge was daunting, especially since pink wasn't her preferred color. Yet, the unknown held a tantalizing allure, promising to stretch her creative boundaries to their limits.

With a determined nod to Eumphmia, Severa signaled her readiness to tackle the task. As Eumphmia observed her with a knowing smile, Severa gathered her sketch pad and colored pencils, ready to dive in.

                                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------

While the women of the house were engrossed in their tasks, the boys were equally occupied.

Fleamont engaged in a game of chess with  Pippy the House elf, while the others took advantage of the sunny weather to practice Quidditch in the sprawling grounds surrounding Potter Manor. 

James, with his unrivaled skill on the broom, effortlessly soared through the air, dodging Bludgers with finesse. Sirius, ever daring, attempted daring maneuvers that left even seasoned players holding their breath.

Meanwhile, Remus and Peter observed the Quidditch game from the sidelines, Remus would occasionally glance back at the manor, his thoughts drifting to Severa and Mrs. Potter. It had been little over two weeks since the horrid dinner, and ever since then, the boys had been confined within the manor, left to ponder their actions.

As Remus and Peter took the opportunity to reflect, yet Remus was the only one to pen a letter of apology to Severa. James, and Sirius, ' introspection only seemed to stoke the flames of resentment towards Severa for what they perceived as her role in spoiling their summer.

"I just can't believe your parents actually believe the slimy snake," Sirius's voice carried frustration and disbelief as he floated next to James. His anger simmered beneath the surface, fueled by a sense of betrayal and injustice.

"I know, I mean, the old age is really hitting my parents hard if they can't see through her lies," James's frustration mirrored Sirius's as he struggled to comprehend his parents' unwavering trust in Severa.

"I can't wrap my head around it," James muttered, frustration still evident in his tone. "Are my parents really that blind to see through her lies?"

Sirius clenched his fists, his jaw tightening with anger. "It's like they've been under some kind of spell, James. How could they just trust her over us?"

Remus, ever the voice of reason, spoke up, his voice calm amidst the storm of emotions. "Maybe there's more to Severa's story than we know. We shouldn't rush to judge without understanding her perspective."

But his attempt to inject reason into the conversation fell on deaf ears. Peter shook his head vehemently. "I don't care what James and Sirius think, she's not all that bad." his voice had a hint of fear as he spoke. "I mean, sure she can say some really mean things sometimes, but so far I think she's pretty cool."