Sweet Heaven (4)

Depuis le début

S - What's wrong, Bhai!? - she asked being concerned. 

N - Uh, Shrey...there's something I...I wanted to confess! - he told nervously. 

S - What is it? Are you okay? - she frowned. 

N - Yeah Shrey, I am good...actually, I, ah..you know, I went to Avni's yesterday!? - he started. 

S - Oh! So you two did the deed already. Quite fast, huh!? - she replied nonchalantly! 

N - What! What deed? Shrey, I am your brother! - he had a horrified expression on his face. 

S - Yes Bhai, I know that you're my brother & I also know that Avni is going to be my Bhabhi! And, you know what you should know? - she looked at him while controlling her urge to laugh at his scared expressions. 

N - What should I know, Shrey? - he asked nervously. 

S - That I will be the happiest, Bhai! - she exclaimed excitedly & jumped on her brother!

N - What? No, Shrey! Its okay if you don't want me to....wait what!? What did you say? - he was beyond shocked now!

S - Bhai, you really thought that I won't want you two to be together!? God, I've been shipping you since day 1. - she told as she hugged the life out of his brother. 

N (relaxing) - God, Shrey! You scared me! I was so nervous to tell you this! - he chuckled. 

S - No, but you really are quite dense, Bhai! I mean, just ask her out already! - she exclaimed making him laugh!

____________________

It was a chirpy Sunday morning & Neil was busy with his preparation for baking the choco-chip muffins. The bakery had always been his happy place, he'd loose himself in the routine of it all, however, from the last few weeks his thoughts always wandered to one particular woman who he thought had gorgeous eyes & a heart-melting smile. 

He had always listened to her sister talking about her best-friend & how she wanted to be a writer but he had never met her. And, the first time he actually did meet her, he wondered why had he not met her before! She was absolutely beautiful, he had thought. Not only because she was beautiful on the outside but because she was beautiful on the inside too. He loved the way her eyes reflected every emotion that she felt - they were always so understanding & warm. Neil had known for a fact that people smile with their mouth, but Avni smiled with her whole face. Her eyes used to twinkle every time she smiled & he never wanted to look away! 

Neil knew that he had only met her three weeks ago & there was a lot that he didn't know about her, but that was the thing - he wanted to know everything about her - her dreams, her aspirations, her fears, her insecurities, her favourite movies, her go-to-comfort food, her bucket list for travelling, her beliefs, her everything! He wanted to know her & he wanted her to know him! 

He liked it when she used to tease him, he like it when she used to get disappointed when he was supposed to leave, he liked it when she blinked at him with those hooded eyes every time he came closer, he liked everything about her. He liked her!

A - Hey! - Avni waved at Neil as she entered the bakery, Neil was still lost in his thoughts & had not acknowledged her presence yet. 

Frowning, Avni walked up to  him & poked her index finger on his shoulder which brought him out of his trance. He blinked his eyes as the daze washed off & looked at her. 

N - Uh, Hey! When did you come? - he said while looking at her. 

A - When you were in wonderland, Alice! - she said dramatically which made Neil laugh!