Part Nine

She climbs out the shower leaving me to myself to think. Maybe she's right. Maybe I was getting soft. It's sad I haven't been here long and Andria has already gotten the affect she always had on me. It seems that with each generation, she has a bigger and bigger hold on me. I have to be careful about my actions around Jez. She will dispose of Andria before I get what I need. I quickly clean myself up and wrap a towel around my waist. In my room, Jez is in one of my t-shirts and nothing else. Her wet hair is pinned away from her face. She's rubbing lotion her legs.

"Shit." I swear under my breath.

I'm drawn to her even after I reprimand myself. Jez will forever have a piece of me from the time she turned me. I tire my eyes away when I catch a smirk growing on her face. She knows what she's doing.

"Coming to bed soon, Matty?"

I tense, but continue to find my boxers and yank them on.

"I asked a questioned." She snaps.

"Yes." My jaw clenches with annoyance.

"Good." She purs.

I sigh and climb into bed. She turns off the side lamp and scoots closer to me.

"Get some sleep." She commands again.

I sighed heavily one more time before closing my eyes. She rests her head on my chest and sighs with content. Of all the guys she's turned and all the men that want her, why has she always been attached to me? My body is torn between turning away from her touch or making it more than a simple cuddle. This is domesticating in the worst fashion. She knows how to break me down until I'm only left, but doing as she pleases. Does she not remember being human? Has it been so long for her that she doesn't remember the feeling? Falling asleep is like waiting for hope. It never comes. I'm grumpier than I normally would be around her. I try to keep conversations to a minimum.

"How did you sleep?" She sips her coffee carefree.

Her hair is wavy giving her an alluring look. She's dressed in the cliche naughty school teacher attire. Her lips are a soft pink that keeps calling the attention of my eyes. Her whole presence is attention grabbing. Her smirk tells me she knows I hadn't slept.

"Where are you going?" I dodge the question, earning me a frown.

"To school. Didn't I tell you? I work there now as a sub."

I sputter out my own mug of joe. I don't dare protest. I simple pour my half empty glass down the drian and grab my keys.

"See ya." I slam the front door behind me.

I walk to my car. All of a sudden I'm frozen in mid-step.

"Did I say I was done talking to you?" She's in front of me in an instant. "Who told you that you could disrespect me? You have one more time before I have to remind you of who I am and what I can do." Her voice comes out as a snarl. "Am I understood, Matthew?"

I can't respond. She snaps her fingers and stalks off to her own car.

"Catch you later." She wiggles her fingers at me and drives off.

I attempt to loosen my muscles before following her. This day isn't going to be easy. I pull up in the student parking lot. The student chatter is louder than my engine. The male population is drooling while the girls seem to be hissing in distaste at the "new substitute teacher". I shake it off and go into the building trying to get through the day.

"Matthew!"

I ignore the voice I know belongs to Marne and keep walking. She unfortunately doesn't catch the hint and grabs my arm to get my attention. I cut my eyes at her. Her perky persona falters for a bit.