19.

"Ammi, woh cookies kaha rakh diye hai apne?" I asked Ammi, opening all the cupboards of the kitchen, in the search for the cookies I had made

(Mom, where did you put the cookies?)

I was craving them and wanted to take some to school too.

My Ramadan started with my periods, so I'm not fasting. It's just so frustrating! Arghh!

"Sabse left wale cupboard mein pink sa dabba hai, usme rakhe hain!" Ammi said from the living room where she was struggling with her shoe laces.
(In the very left cupboard, there is a pink box, where they are kept!)

I honestly don't know if the shoe laces really annoy her or it's just that she wants Abbu to tie them every time.

Either ways I love them both and their cute bond and even the smallest things like these matter. I pray to Allah swt. for a loving and caring husband like Abbu.

"Girl you are just 19 and thinking about husband and all?" My conscience asked.

Allah! My socials have been full with cute couples and sheikhs talking about marriage and Nikkah! 

No wonder, my brain is being influenced by what I watch on there. But being honest, I would prefer an early marrige if I find the right one, rather than waiting!

Grabbing the whole box of cookies, I made my way to the living room where I, as expected, found Abbu tying Ammi's shoe laces.

"Job jaye bhaad mein, Abbu aur Ammi apne romantic duniya mein khoye hue hain!" I said teasingly, side eyeing both of them while packing the cookies box into my bag. I also made sure to wear a light overcoat and keep a solid umbrella.
(Job should go to hell, Abbu and Ammi are lost in their romantic world!)

Abbu stood up and gave me a sheepish smile while Ammi just glared my way "Jab aapke mia sahab honge, toh dekhlenge kon bhaad mein jayega, job ya romance!" She exclaimed with a challenging gaze.
(When you'll have a husband, then we'll see who will go to hell, the job or the romance!)

Unknowingly I found my neck heating up and cheeks turning shades of pink.

I quickly averted my gaze and paid attention to the packing I was doing. Why am I behaving this way?

It's surely those videos of cute couples and all! I should refresh my feed!

"Ammi, Abbu chalein jaldi, late ho jaega warna!" Haider came running down the stairs, as usual the last to show up.
(Mom, Dad let's go, otherwise we'll get late!)

"Says who?" I narrowed my eyes at him. The audacity to be the last to be ready and complain about the others and telling them to hurry up.

"Me!" He replied proudly, lifting his right hand to put on his chest.

I just gave him an 'Are you serious right now?!' Look and zipped up my bag.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" Abbu and Ammi yelled in unison.