Chapter Twenty-Two- New Relationships and Meet-Up Plans

Magsimula sa umpisa

"And you'll never be able to."

"What if I said no?"

"Easy. I'll do whatever it takes for you to say yes."

Michael was begging me to stay with him for the rest of the day. But I was insisting on coming home. Kyla has been waiting for me. Besides we've already spent three days together. I don't want him getting tired of me.

"Mr. Madrid, I never would've thought you'd be a clingy boyfriend." I teased him.

"Oh trust me, Miss Daniel. I'm nothing but clingy. If I could tie you around my waist so you'll never get out of my sight and get hit by cars, I'd do it."

I laughed. "Are you trying to be scary?"

"No. I'm trying to be sweet."

I squinted my eyes at him and moved my lips to the side. "Not working."

David pulled over right in front of the gate. He opened my door while Michael got out of his. I unlocked the gate but not entering yet. Michael pulled out something from his pocket and handed a phone to me. It was the replacement for my cracked one. I accepted it willingly and he looked surprised. Perhaps he thought I'd argue. My mood was too good for bickering. With Michael, I'm pretty sure there will be another times to banter.

"Call me if you need anything. Tell me when you feel any pain. Understand?" He handed me my backpack which I immediately slung into my shoulder. I nodded about to turn around but he grabbed my wrist. "Wait. Don't go in yet. I wanna look at you longer."

"We'll see each other tomorrow, Michael. I could pass by your office after my shift to say hello."

"Yeah, you should."

"I should get in now." I insisted and we both smirked as I mirrored him. "See you tomorrow."

Without a word, he cupped my face, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. Yup. He liked doing that to me. He was probably amused by the fact that half of my face fits in his gigantic hand. "I miss you already."

Swoon.

With that, he planted a soft kiss on my left cheek. I am not washing this cheek ever. God, I sounded like a sappy love-sick teenager.

"Bessss!" Kyla's voice broke our eye contact. She was running to me and immediately palmed my face.

No, not the left cheek!

She was studying the cuts on my face and arms. "Oh my god! What happened to you?"

"I'm fine, Ky. No need to worry."

"Yeah, right. Getting hit by a car on the pedestrian lane if fine." she remarked before turning to Michael. "Thanks for taking care of her."

"I'll see you tomorrow, angel." he said kissing me on top of my head. Another kiss! This must truly be my lucky day. Wait. He kissed me in front of Kyla. Now, I've a got a lot of explaining to do.

We watched as Michael's car drove off. Kyla's mouth was wide open in shock when I turned to her. "What the hell was that?"

*****

"No!"

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes, Kyla! Yes."

"Oh my god!" Kyla squealed. I just dropped the bomb that Michael and I are officially together. I guessed it was a good thing that Lisa and Ali were also around for my announcement. It'll save time retelling the story. They decided to order pizza and Ali made some mango shakes.