14: CG! Frank + L! Eddie (Again)

Category: Comfort

Words including this: 2287

Info needed for chapter:

Warning(s): Severe angst, crying, mention of death, panic attack, censored cursing, mention of homophobia, romance scene before anyone is regressed, sad Frank and Eddie :(
Long story short, this is gonna get really really depressing. But it will turn out better in the end. Just make sure your little side is able to handle depressing topics or that they'd be fine with reading this chapter. If not, I'd highly suggest skipping this one.

This has nothing to do with the earlier chapter that had the same title.

This has a few spoilers for the March 9th Welcome Home update. (I literally started fricking crying in that one scene for about 6-11 minutes because of how sad this whole thing really was. 😭 Anyways, here's a link to a video on the update if you haven't seen it yet.)

www.awayfrompryingeyes.net
Search this up and you'll find a bunch of secrets and stuff :)

This takes place before Eddie and Frank are out to everyone as a couple. They're closeted because this takes place during the show when it was supposedly up, and they'd get backlash for being together.
Frank always makes sure to act formal around Eddie so no one knows they're close, and it's the same with Eddie. However, when it's obvious that something's wrong with Eddie, Frank puts Eddie first before faking his feelings and acting formal.
Btw, I head-canon that everyone is aware of the show and that they're puppets.

-

Eddie stared in front of him at the blurred-Frank, their arms on his shoulders. He could hear them speak clearly, but he felt like he couldn't move or respond.

"Mr. Dear? Mr. Dear, are you listening?" Frank asked before speaking in a slightly quickened tone while trying his best to hide his worry, "Mr. Dear? Mr. Dear...?!" his tone became more worried.

Eddie mumbled, "...what...? ...Who...? ...Where...?" though it was nearly unintelligible to Frank.

"...Eddie...! E-... E-Eddie, are you there, why aren't you answering, Eddie!?" Frank whispered in an extremely worried tone as he tried to get Eddie to say something, but staying quiet so no one would hear and suspect them to be close at all.

"...I think I need to go home..." Eddie finally mumbled out. (Spoilers end here, the rest will just be things part of my AU) Eddie then proceeded to fall forward into Frank's arms as if he passed out, though his eyes were still open.

Frank noticed that Eddie's eyelids seemed uneven and off, he was sweating a lot, and seemed to not have focused on anything. Then he noticed one more thing, a tear in right eye. Eddie must've been on the verge of sobbing or screaming. Maybe he was overwhelmed.

Frank looked around to make sure no other neighbor was in that part of the room before looking back to Eddie and pulling him out of his chair. He slowly made his way towards the front door. He exited then and there, meanwhile the other neighbors were in the kitchen having a lovely Homewarmimg party, unaware of the recent events.

Eddie didn't move or react to being picked up randomly. There wasn't any reaction from him verbally of physically, which worried Frank even more.