Chapter 52

'Always trust in the force'
——————————————————————

My lungs burned, my chest heaved with the effort to draw in air that seemed to evade me at every turn. Panic clawed at the edges of my consciousness, threatening to pull me back into the darkness from whence I came.

"She's not breathing!" The urgency in the voice was unmistakable, sending a jolt of fear coursing through my veins.

"Call for help!" Another voice, strained with desperation, echoed in the dim recesses of my mind.

Through the haze of pain and confusion, I struggled to make sense of my surroundings. Shadows danced on the periphery of my vision, flickering like spectres in the night. And then, amidst the chaos, a voice pierced through the clamour like a beacon in the storm.

"Quickly, get her into the bacta tank!" The words reverberated in my skull, sending shivers down my spine. Bacta tank? What was happening to me? My thoughts swirled like a tempest, each fleeting moment tinged with a sense of foreboding.

Searing pain lanced through my body, a thousand needles piercing my flesh with each agonising heartbeat. I cried out, but no sound escaped my lips. I was trapped in a nightmare of my own making, unable to break free from the clutches of my torment.

"We need to get her off of Felicia quickly!" The urgency in the voice was palpable, a raw edge of fear cutting through the chaos.

"There's no time, I've got to operate now!" Another voice, firm and resolute, cut through the cacophony like a blade through silk.

I struggled to open my eyes, to pierce through the veil of darkness that threatened to consume me whole. But try as I might, my eyelids remained stubbornly shut, as if glued together by some unseen force.

"I'm sorry, Amara, this is going to hurt." The words echoed in my mind, a haunting refrain that sent shivers down my spine.

And then, with a suddenness that left me reeling, I was shocked awake by blinding pain. My vision swam with a kaleidoscope of colours, each more vivid than the last. Blood pooled around me in a macabre tableau, staining the pristine white walls with its crimson hue.

"Make it stop!" I screamed, the words torn from my lips like a desperate plea for salvation.

But someone gagged my mouth, silencing my cries with a cruel twist of fate. I thrashed against the unseen bonds that held me captive, but it was futile. I was adrift in a sea of darkness, with no shore in sight.

"You'll be okay, everything will be okay, Master." The words cut through the fog of my despair, a lifeline in a world gone mad. Caleb? Was that truly his voice, or merely a figment of my fevered imagination?

And then, just as suddenly as it began, the pain receded, leaving behind a void of emptiness that threatened to swallow me whole. I teetered on the edge of consciousness, my grip on reality slipping with each passing moment.

like a bolt from the heavens, a voice shattered the silence, cutting through the darkness with its raw urgency.

"I'm losing them!" The words echoed in the void, a desperate plea for salvation that tugged at the fringes of my fractured mind.