Lopez was falling a little behind so Estella unloaded all the information she secured from Mrs. Jones. She trusted him.

"So, it's true," he wasn't that surprised. "Insanity does run in the family."

"And Edward catching up to him," she commented. "Despite he hasn't inherited it in his blood that doesn't mean he isn't twisted."

"That explains why he took away Edward from his position and gave it to Elvis," he explained. "Even psychos are sentimental about their blood." he set the plate aside and wiped his mouth. "But he fucked up his first child he assumed as his pretty bad."

"Did you know?" she asked. "About Edward not being his son?"

"There was a strong rumor," he answered. "Theodore used to parade Edward a lot from a very young age, and he was one proud man, teaching and molding him like he was. Everybody assumed he would take over as CEO when Theodore would want to step down as the MD of the company to give his position to Edward," he said. "But now you know how things have turned out. Spending so much time on one just to give it to another doesn't make sense. People speculate."

"No wonder Edward's seeking his validation so much," she concluded. "He built his life around him and his work."

"As long as I can remember, yes," he said. "He's been constantly trying to turn the table in his favor. But his efforts were useless. No board of members was willing to take his side. No one would betray Theodore for his child who is rumored to be not his."

The cook returned to collect the dishes and was out of sight after she was done. "It was understandable that Edward decided to start his own business, something that belonged to him. He had skills, experience, and resources and he did manage to build a partnership with you in a year." said Lopez.

"Why did he seek me then?" she was unsure if Lopez had any idea. Estella had refrained herself from asking Edward that first-hand. He was a liar and she wasn't going to throw him an invite to manipulate her further.

"Yeah, I asked him that," he snapped her attention back to him. "He gave me a silly answer that he needed someone reliable to handle it when he couldn't. Now I think of it. It's not so silly. You make a great partner. He wanted his business away from his father without letting go of his work at his company. If you remember he was a lot gone and he never missed his meetings, trips, and whatever he does back at his place. Never disappointed his daddy dearest."

"But they are fighting now, right?" she said, thinking the bitterness was spreading like disease in that house. "He's going up against him. And it has everything to do with me."

Lopez's eyes set fixed on her face, answering her without having to agree. "There are very little things that change a man. Time, power, and woman," he said like it was set in stone. "Time tests us what we are. Power tells us what we want to become and woman. Woman makes us better, Estella."

"A woman can't change a man unless he wants to," she volleyed back. "What if she won't stick around? What if she's gone? They will fall back to the same place they started. Then what's the point?"

"Can't help it," he spoke for just himself this time. "If she's the one. Then she's worth changing for. Even if it means fighting oneself." he paused and caught her eyes again, withdrawing himself probably from the memories of his youth and time. "Edward would rather burn the world than let you go. So tread carefully with what you want. If you wish to stay or not."

She responded in silence, not bothering him to know of his intention. For some reason, Lopez liked Edward. He spoke differently when he talked about his father. The striking difference was evident so instead she asked. "Do you suspect Daddy Blake of committing, let's say, very very bad crimes?"