Slash

Slash's pov.

I looked outside. It was already dark. Summer's probably sleeping. I still couldn't believe she was pregnant. I mean. I had a thought that she would find another male. But...now that I know...

I sighed and lay down. Why am I so sad? I was the one who walked out. This place is not good for me. I heard a stick snap. I quickly turned around and growled. Only to see Diego.

"Easy, furball. Water.", he said and pushed a bowl of water to me, "You need it."

I looked at my reflection in the water, grunted, and pushed the bowl back, "I don't need anything from you."

"Fine, die of thirst. That will really show me.", stated Diego and started walking away, "Summer's the one who asked me to do this, anyway."

Summer?

"Wait.", I said and Diego stopped, "I'll take it."

Diego pushed the bowl back to me.

"Thank you.", I grunted out.

"You have a way of saying "thank you" that makes it sound like "drop dead".", mocked Diego.

I smirked, "It's a gift."

Diego rolled his eyes and started to walk away again.

"Well, you're pretty soft, for a saber.", I added.

Diego sighed in annoyance, "Excuse me, I am not soft. I happen to be a remorseless assassin."

I raised my eyebrow, "I don't understand. What does Summer see in you? All I see is a pathetic excuse of a saber who can't even pick a fight."

Diego's eyes filled with rage and he growled at me.

"Earlier you said you'd rather drown.", he grunted out, "That can be arranged."

I growled back at him. I swear I was ready to throw claws. But we got interrupted.

"Diego-poo!"

I looked to the left and saw the sloth. Sid, I think was his name. Diego sighed. The sloth had a necklace and was carrying one as well.

"Hey, I made you another coral necklace.", said the sloth and put the necklace on Diego before looking at me, "He keeps losing them."

It took everything in me to not laugh. The sloth laughed and went away.

"Yeah, I think I'm starting to get why you're not in a pack.", I stated.

"Listen, I chose to leave my pack, all right?", stated Diego in annoyance.

"Congratulations, warrior princess.", I mocked with a smile before turning serious, "So did I."

"Really?", he asked, shocked.

"What?", I snapped.

"Nothing, I just know how hard that is...walking away from everything you know."

"Oh, great, are we going to braid each other's fur now?", I sarcastically asked and turned away.

"Funny. Really funny.", mocked Diego.

"But after a while, I got better. Because I met Summer.", I stated.

I heard him slightly growl at the sound of Summer's name. I smirked.

"Now that... is a real female. Every single male...wanted...her.", I explained slowly.

Diego groaned, "Can I tell you the difference between you and me?"

"I wouldn't still be wearing that necklace?"