16) Heart's desires

Aw shucks.

Is it really time to say goodbye?

Well, goodbye "The Four Seasons Hotel."

It was splendid here.

"But we're literally going to meet each other tomorrow! So it really isn't 'goodbye'," Bailey says, packing her things.

"Yeah, but, the experience was nice. Kinda lifted the weight off my shoulders in a way. That's why I'll miss it. I had one too many drinks though. And I heard you were slobbering all over some random dude? It wasn't Juan then?" I ask Bailey.

"What?? Are you crazy? No! It obviously wasn't Juan. It was the Korean guy we saw when I showed you your dress. I can't stand that Juan. He's too much of a show off, and clingy at that." Bailey says frustrated.

"You know he really really likes you right? If you slept with him, it wouldn't just be a one night stand. He'd actually respect you. You might like a real relationship for once Bales. Think about it." I tell her.

She contemplates before finally sighing.

"Aight, I'll listen to you for now, and agree. But it doesn't change much. I'm me and he's him. We're built different." She says to me.

"Yeah, like you didn't have even the slightest bit of attraction towards him the night you were dancing?" I ask her, eyebrows raised.

".....maybe a little bit..? Anyway, enough about me, WHAT about you? Did anything happen between you and Adam?" Bailey asks, zipping her already neatly packed suitcase.

Now it's my turn to stay silent.

"Ummm..? Cat caught your tongue?" Bailey asks.

"Well, yeah. Intense makeout session is how it all began. Ya know, me on his lap and stuff. Then, one thing led to another and, well....let's just say, it was a good night." I tell her blushing.

"Good night eh? My girl's lost her virginity, and you're only calling  it a "good" night?? Tell me EVERYTHING." Bailey says, her eyes twinkling.

"I'll spare you the details! I don't want to get into them too much. Now let's go before we outstay our welcome." I tell her, grabbing her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so like that,
Ended our tiny yet memorable stay
At "The Four Seasons" , Seoul
~~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~

____________________________

Today's the day.

The Billionaire's wedding.

It'll take place over a course of 4 days, with there being a traditional Korean wedding, an elegant Christian wedding, the bachelor's party, the dance, and the reception.

I felt so proud that day when I got the call from Mr. Seo's secretary, asking my team to manage all the photographs and videos.

I HAVE to make them proud. I HAVE to count on my team to take the Best. Pictures. Ever.

We've been given a room to stay at the Lotte Hotel too, as I mentioned earlier, all expenses covered.

This is going to be super fun.

___________________________________

"Well then, isn't my car good enough?" Bailey asks, as Juan loads all our photography equipment into the car.

"It's good. Could be more roomy, but otherwise, it's quite nice." Jay says.

"Umm?? More roomy?? FRICKIN hell, how much more space do you want? A whole Limo?? This is like the roomiest of cars," Bailey says, offended.

"Just saying," Jay says, his arms raised in a defenseless position.

It is quite a spacious car, one which can fit all our photography gadgets. And our luggage too. I don't know what Jay's getting at.

 I don't know what Jay's getting at

"All set guys. Time to go. It's a 3 hour journey from here to Lotte hotel, so leaving early is the best thing we can do." Juan says, sitting on the driver seat.

"Aight let's do it!" Bailey says, climbing in to sit shotgun. I roll my eyes but smile at her.

Anya, Jay and me sit at the back, quite comfortably.

Just as we're about to start the engine, I hear yells from behind.

Distinct yells.

"Your man Adam!?" Anya nudges me, as I stare at him, looking back.

"Wait a damn minute," I tell everyone as I get down from the car.

Adam catches up to me, very red in the face.

"Gosh, I thought I'd miss you." Adam says, gasping for breath.

"Adam? What's happened? I told you I was leaving no? Why did you rush all this way? Oh my god, you didn't come here by foot, did you?" I ask him, grabbing his shoulders to steady him.

"I...uh, I wanted to give you this," Adam says, fishing out something from his pocket.

It's a beautiful heart shaped pink locket, attached to a golden string.

"I know it's cringy and quite lame, but I want you to have it and remember me

"I know it's cringy and quite lame, but I want you to have it and remember me. Just don't ask why. I know you'll only be gone 4 days. Or a week.

Maybe I'll go back to London to my own family. That way, I won't keep thinking about you, because if I do, I'll just keep missing you. So keep this for my sake darling. You know I love you." Adam says, putting it on me.

"Adam, this is.... beautiful. I'll keep it safe. It's not cringy. Anything but. And, you'll be in London?" I ask him.

"Mother's taken ill. But she'll get better, I know. But I still want to be able to see her. I'll be back, don't worry." Adam says, caressing my cheek.

"Oh, of course. Take your time. And take care of mama." I tell him, hugging hard.

He kisses me, and we both draw apart.

I wave to him as I step into the car. And wave and wave until I can see no more of him.

"Adam's a great guy," I hear Bailey telling Juan.

"Yeah, she really should consider Marriage," Juan whispers.

I touch my locket, shivering at the prospect.

Oh he most certainly is a great guy.

But marriage?

Aren't we all moving a little too fast here?