13) Too drunk to walk

I stare at him, dumbstruck.

The guy in the suit stares at him too, embarassed.

"Oh, I do apologize Mr. Adam. I didn't realise she was someone you knew. I'll leave you two to it. I'm sorry ma'am," he says to us, bowing 3 times before finally going about his work.

"Well, that's taken care of," Adam says, staring menacingly at that guy. He then slowly looks at me.

"Happy birthday Y/N," he says, hugging me.

I don't know what to say. I'm ......quite speechless. I knew I was expecting this to be some sort of prank....but wow, this...this is something.

"Adam, you planned this whole thing? You knew it was my birthday the whole time?" I ask him in a small voice, close to tears.

What? I'm moved.

"Why else would I ignore your messages? I'd normally punish myself if I replied to your texts even a minute later, but this was part of the surprise." Adam says.

I look at him SO gratefully. He doesn't realise he's a gem. I tell him this.

He blushes hard. His cheeks going pink.

"I mean, not really. Now, let's go upstairs, where the bar is. Everyone is waiting for you," he says in his 'Oh so lovely' British accent. God.

He grabs me by the waist, which, I won't lie, catches me off guard.

But I nestle against him, as he steers me to the elevator.

"I knew you were rich Adam, but goddamn, The Four Seasons? You must be crazy!" I tell him, leaning on his shoulder.

"Nothing's more expensive than you, that's for sure." He says.

"Ha-ha, you know what I mean, and wait, you said, "everyone"? Who else is involved in your plan?" I ask him.

"You'll see," he smirks.

We step into the the elevator. Adam's grasp around my waist is tighter than ever, as if any thought of letting it go is too unbearable for him. His firm grasp makes me feel safe. I'm also thrilled to see someone this devoted to me, something that obviously hasn't happened with me a lot.

"Am I that handsome Y/N? That you keep staring at me?" Adam asks, looking at me.

I quickly look away. I don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"No, I wasn't looking at you..." I tell him, blushing hard.

"Ofcourse not," he tells me, clearly enjoying every minute of this conversation. He loves to tease me.

We reach the 7th floor of the hotel, and to my amusement, it's even fancier than I thought it was going to be

We reach the 7th floor of the hotel, and to my amusement, it's even fancier than I thought it was going to be. We enter the Cocktail bar.

We're greeted with formal bows by the staff, which makes me quite uncomfortable, seeing as I'm dressed, almost in rags, if we were to consider the fact that I was inside a grand hotel, and considering the standards.