Dinner

I wake up and I try to sit up. Bad idea. My head hurts like hell, and the sun shines full in my face. Nice way to wake up. I look at my surroundings, I'm in my bedroom. I can't remember going to my bedroom, I think I fell asleep on the couch yesterday. I look at the time, 10:17. Time to get up. I get out out of my bed and I walk towards the door. 

I enter the living room with my hand supporting my head. Vampires can give you one hell of headache. "Rise and shine." Nik says and he smirks. I take a seat at the couch and I give him a sarcastic smile. Elijah ignores our antics and asks, "How are you?" "Fine." I respond, the situation between us is still a little bit complicated. "So would you like to inform us about your little adventure last night." Nik says with a sarcastic smile on his face as he takes place at the chair opposite of me. 

"I would be delighted." I say sarcastically and Nik just smirks. "Long story short, I was walking  home and then I had the feeling I was being followed." I start but Nik interrupts me. "From the start please love, we want the details. Like why you were out in the first place." He says and I roll my eyes. "What are you? My dad?" I say to which Nik gives me a sarcastic smile. "Okay enough already you two. You shut up, and you tell us exactly what happened yesterday." Elijah says, having enough from their stupid antics.

"When you two were having a discussion upstairs, I had a little chat with Hayley. After that I went to see Marcel, at Rousseau's." I say. "What were you doing with Marcel?" Nik says and they both look at me seriously. "Jeez, what's up with this interrogation. I just woke up with on hell of a headache because some stupid vampire drained me from my blood. So if you wanna hear the story I suggest you two shut up and listen." I say and they shut up.

"Anyway as I was saying, I went to see Marcel. I talked to him about magic. I asked if i could use magic, for my own purpose. Then he gave me a whole speech about how this is his town with his rules, and that I'm a guest so I should follow them. We talked a little more, not really interesting. Then I just walked a bit around New Orleans and eventually I was on my way home. I had the feeling I was being followed, which was true because suddenly there were three vampires behind me." I say. "What did you do to them?" Nik asks. "Had a short fight and then snapped their necks.

"Why didn't you just kill them?" Nik asks. "Well first of all, Marcel has a rule that you can't kill his vampires. Not that I'd care, because I forgot about that rule." I respond. "Then why didn't you kill them." He asks. "I didn't have a stake with me, nor can I use magic." I respond and he looks confused. "So then you just rip their hearts out." He says and I look down to my hands. "She couldn't." Elijah says. "She has never kill anyone with her bare hands." He continues. "You never ripped someones heart out?" Nik asks surprised. "No, I'm not a big fan of organs. I rather use my magic or a weapon." 

"Well then it's about time that you learn how to do it. We are living in a city where you can't use magic, and you can't alway carry a stake with you." Nik says. "Elijah I suggest you teach her." He says and I look up. Oh you've gotta be kidding me. "Why can't you do it?" I ask. "I have some things to take care of. Have fun you two." He says and he leaves. Well isn't this just great. "Okay, Imma get dressed." I say and I leave the room.

꧁༺ ༻꧂

We're in the garden, oh this is just gonna be wonderful. I'm standing there with my arms crossed, while Elijah is taking his jacket off. "I don't think heels are the most appropriate shoes for this." Elijah says. "It is, if I really have to fight I'm also wearing heels." I say. This day is gonna last forever. "Are you ready?" He asks and I nod. Why couldn't Nik just teach me? "Okay, begin." Elijah says and I throw a punch, but he catches my hand. "As a devout feminist, I refuse to say that you hit like a girl." He says and I withdraw my arm. "Let's try this again, shall we?" He asks. "Why do you have to teach me? We can also wait until Nik is back." I state. "You are my responsibility." He says and I roll my eyes. "Says the feminist." I say and he laughs.