Elijah's return

I hear the front door open. That was about time, he said he would be back at seven. I close my book and I get up from my bed. I leave to my bedroom and I walk through the hall. "Nik! Finally you're back. Where the hell have you been? You said you would be back by seven and it's a quarter past ten." I say annoyed as I walk towards the stairs. "Do you have any idea how boring it is in this stupid ancient house of..." I stop talking when I look in Nik's direction. I'm standing still at the middle of the stairs. There he is, in the flesh and blood, Elijah.

I don't say anything and I don't move, I cannot believe this. I stand still like that for almost a minute, but then I realize Nik doesn't know a thing about what happened so I quickly change my attitude, and I put a smile on my face. "Elijah, you're back." I say with a forced smile, as I walk down the stairs. I give him a hug. I can see he's surprised, but after a few seconds he hugs me back. Wow. This isn't awkward at all. 

After a few seconds I pull back. In the corner of my eye I can see Nik looking at us confused, but he doesn't ask any questions. Fortunately. "So, who would like a drink?" Nik asks as he walks towards the living room. I give Elijah a smile and I'm about to walk away, when I notice. He's looking at the locket he gave me. I quickly turn around and walk towards the living room, while I tuck the locket underneath my shirt. I knew he would come back at some point, but I didn't expect that to be today.

Nik offers me a drink and I ask him for bourbon. I'm gonna need that. He hands me my drink and he sits down on a chair with his own. "So, you asked where the hell I've been. Well, I was busy with the witch business, when suddenly my dear brother showed up." He says giving Elijah a sarcastic smile. "So what was that witch thing you needed to do?" I ask. "Nothing important, all lies." He responds and he suddenly looks annoyed.

"Niklaus." Elijah simply says. "Let me fill you in Lia. Elijah here is so naive that he believes every single word that these witches say." Nik says as he rolls his eyes. "I do not believe the witches, I believe Hayley." He responds. "Hayley? Who's Hayley?" I ask. "Some girl I slept with when we were drunk in Mystic Falls.." Nik says. "Eww, gross. Oh wait a minute do you mean that werewolf girl your little hybrid slave was friends with?" I ask and he just smirks. Well, there's my answer.

"Okay is there a point to this story or not?" I ask, but Nik doesn't respond and pours himself another drink. "Hayley says she is pregnant." Elijah answers my question. "So?" I ask not understanding what Nik could possibly have to do with that. "She claims that it's mine, which obviously is a lie, but my brother here is too naive." Nik responds.

"What!? Come one Elijah, you seriously believe that she is pregnant with him? That's not even possible." I say. "That's what I said." Nik says as he takes a sip of his drink. "At first I didn't believe it either, but I had a word with the witches. She says that vampires, indeed can't procreate. But, you're a hybrid, and werewolves can procreate." Elijah states. "So you think that my werewolf side procreated? You seriously believe the witches who have been bothering me for two months, and who kidnapped Lia?!" Nik asks furious. 

Elijah doesn't say anything. "You know Nik, it sounds kind of logical. I mean, you activated your werewolf side, meaning you technically should be part fertile." I say. "Seriously? You're also believing this crap?!" He practically yells. "Nik! Calm down, we're in the same room you know? No need to take your frustration out on me. I'm not saying it is your child, but it could be. And since I'm some super witch I can try and figure out if they're lying or not." I say as I stand up and cross my arms. "Maybe that's not such a bad idea." Nik responds. "Oh don't be so surprised, I'm full of great ideas." I say as I smirk at him.

"Anyway, we can do that tomorrow. I have to prepare some stuff for that, and then I'm going to bed, because I'm exhausted." I say as I finish my drink. "Goodnight." I say and I leave the room. Neither of them say something and they just watch me leave. Before I turn around the corner I give Elijah one last glance, but he isn't looking in my direction anymore.