2 months ago

Oh. My. God. I cannot believe this. I'm an adult now, it's my 18th birthday. I can't believe this is really happening. I look at the time, it's 13:30. I was just finishing the ending of my song, Daylight. Let's see, what should I wear today? I don't have anything special planned, but I can still wear a nice outfit. I put on some flared jeans and a black cropped top. It's nothing special, but it's cute. I put my hair in a bun and I do my make-up. I just hope there won't be any super natural drama today.

I walk down the stairs and I enter the living room. It's empty. Where is everyone? I go to the kitchen and I grab a glass of water. "Good morning, and happy birthday." Elijah says as he enters the kitchen. "Good morning, and thank you. Where are Nik and Rebekah?" I ask as I take a sip of my water. "They're on a mission I think, someone threatened them." Elijah responds. "Oh really, how convenient." I say sarcastic, and Elijah lets out a small chuckle. "Do you have any plans for today?" He asks. "No not really, or actually not at all." I respond. "Well if you'd like we could do something." He suggests. "Really? Okay, I would love that." I respond. "Well shall we then?" Elijah asks and I follow him out of the kitchen.

We sit at a table outside, it's very sunny today. Elijah ordered an espresso, and I order an iced coffee. Elijah and I have been very close lately, I think that started the moment he took me to the debutante ball. I'm just not really sure how I should feel towards him. A waiter brings us our drinks and we thank him. "So how do you feel about turning eighteen?" Elijah asks as he grabs his coffee. "Honestly, I don't know. I mean I have been waiting my whole life for this day. I always wanted to be eighteen, but now that the day has arrived I don't know how to feel about it. I mean, I never really had the chance to be a normal teenager, but now I'm already an adult and teenage life is over." I respond and I take a sip of my iced coffee.

Elijah and I talked some more about what happened these past few weeks. Lately there has been so much drama, the whole Mikaelson family being back, and their mother, Esther, that wanted to kill them all. Because the "Elena Gilbert gang" was so bent on killing Nik, they didn't realize they would be in danger as well. Esther wanted to make Alaric, the high school history teacher and their friend/legal guardian, a vampire that hunts vampire, basically another original. Luckily Alaric killed Esther, otherwise the drama still wouldn't be over. Elijah comes back out of the café and we leave.

We're walking in the park, it's very quiet. "Now that you're eighteen, what are you going to do?" Elijah asks. "Well I can drink in any bar now, without Nik needing to compel them. Oh and I can drink, without you saying I can't." I say and Elijah laughs. Suddenly his phone rings and he picks up the phone. "Hello Niklaus." He says calmly. "Hmm. Yes indeed. Okay I'll make sure of that. Bye." Elijah says and he hangs up the phone. "So we should go home, it's already six o'clock, and Niklaus and I have some business to attend." He says and I nod. 

꧁༺ ༻꧂

We get out of the car and walk towards the front door. All the curtains are closed, weird. "After you." Elijah says as he gestures to the door. I find it rather strange, but I decide to ignore it. I open the door and we enter the hall. Why is it so dark? Just when I want to put the loghts on, the lights already go on and everybody yells, "Surprise!" I step back in shock and Elijah walks over to Nik. "Oh my God you guys, this is so sweet!" I say and I give Nik a hug. "It's your 18th birthday we had to celebrate that." Rebekah says as she walks towards me with Caroline. I give them both a hug. "Caroline helped us throw you a party, because if someone can throw a party it's Caroline." Nik says as he walks over to the stage in the backyard. How many people are here? A thousand? Where did he even find so many people? "Hello everyone, we're here to celebrate Emilia's 18th birthday, so let's get this party started!" He says as the music turns on. Rebekah and Caroline grab my arms and they drag me upstairs.