Before the Wedding

Start from the beginning

"Have you talked to your friend Tyler recently?" I mused.

Freya leaned back on her hands, her smile gone, her lighthearted air gone in seconds. "haven't spoken to him for almost five months now. Why?"

"That's surprising, did you invite him to our wedding?" I spoke as innocently as possible.

Her eyes narrowing as she looked at me, "what's going on, George?"

"What? He's your best friend, I just want to know if he's going to be there so I know if I should carry my wand on me or not," I stated innocently.

"don't worry about him. He's not coming."

"Why is that?" I asked confused.

Freya shrugged before two girls walked through the door, she smiled at me before jumping down and beginning to organize the shop. I couldn't help but notice that one of the girls kept glancing up at me before giggling and whispering something to her friend, I glanced over at Freya who wasn't paying attention—but she was scowling over the instruments as she polished them.

I smiled to myself while the girls came to purchase a few albums.

"Hello," one of the girls said, batting heavily thick mascara covered eyelashes.

"Hello, will that be all?" I smiled.

"Actually we were wondering when you get off..." the one that had been laughing earlier said.

I smiled, "whenever I want to actually," I gave a wink and handed them their change, Freya coming up to the counter and passing me a record-her ring dazzling in the light as she made sure it was noticed. "Have a nice day."

The girls exchanged a look before deflating slightly and walking off, I snorted as Freya innocently grinned up at me. I kissed the top of her head, "you're the only girl I see."

"Do you think I'm jealous of those...girls?" She looked slightly shocked.

I chuckled slightly and kissed her, "of course not, love."

***

"The wedding is in two weeks."

"Mmmhmm."

"George, listen to me!"

"The wedding is in two weeks, yes I know!"

Freya huffed, tossing her hands in the air as she shook her head. "You need to go get your robes situated with Fred!"

"I did that yesterday," I opened the freezer and pulled out the pint of ice cream. "Want some?" I offered the pint to her.

"Didn't you hear me? Our wedding is in two weeks!" Freya looked taken back.

"Your dress will fit even after one bowl of ice cream," I chuckled while digging for a spoon.

Freya shook her head, "so you already got your robes?"

"Yes, black with a deep red vest just like you instructed," I nodded.

"And the flowers..." Freya jumped onto the counter, swinging her legs slightly.

"Are not what you requested, but just as good."

"What?!" Freya coughed.

"Fey, calm down, I swear everything is perfectly fine!" I laughed, I moved so that I was standing before her.

Freya frowned, "I'm calm..."

I smirked as I stroked her cheek, "it's everything you could wish for, I'm sure of it."

"I'm marrying you, of course—"

Freya stopped when a knock on the door interrupted her, "are you expecting anyone?" Freya muttered.