C239: Little Yinyang Art, Assassination!

Regardless of which dynasty it was, the assassination of an influential official was a huge affair.

If the Goguryeons really were to succeed, it would be a huge blow to Great Tang and the royal court’s dignity. More importantly, if the royal court couldn’t prove that the Goguryeons were behind it, they would be unable to do anything about it.

Great Tang was a nation governed by laws; one couldn’t simply slaughter the Goguryeons on baseless rumors. That would lead to a chain effect that could potentially cause greater damage.

“Wang Chong, this is a huge matter. If our officials were to be killed, and we couldn’t even find the evidence to apprehend the culprits, the prestige we have built up would be destroyed. This mustn’t be allowed. If you have their whereabouts, I can mobilize the regional guards or even dispatch Quill and Regal battalions to clear those Goguryeons. However, I’ll need you to confirm the timing and location. Otherwise, we will just alarm them and lose our initiative.” King Song instructed gravely. He immediately understood how grave this matter was and why Wang Chong would look for him.

The Bureau of Military Personnel and Bureau of Punishments were within the scope of the Goguryeons’ operation. These two bureaus were under his command.

If a massacre of the officials of the two bureaus were to happen, he would surely be held responsible by the Sage Emperor and punished for his negligence.

Considering the severe consequences of the matter, he would have to deal with it carefully.

“You can leave that to me, I have an idea on how I can uncover their tracks. But before that, I need Your Highness’s assistance on a matter.” Wang Chong said. Following which, he revealed the details about the gathering point where the Condor Sniper was stationed.

The strength of a Condor Sniper was incredible. If they were to attack the base without sufficient preparation, there would surely be huge losses. A well-positioned Condor Sniper could threaten dozens or even hundreds of experts of the same cultivation in a group fight, assuming that the latter didn’t have sufficient protective tools.

The best way to deal with master archers was to mobilize master archers.

Wang Chong’s men were not sufficient to deal with master archers yet, so it would be best for him to engage the assistance of the experts of King Song Residence.

“I understand!” After a moment of contemplation, King Song nodded his head. “Leave this matter to me. Wait for me by the side hall for a moment, I’ll make arrangements now.”

“Thank you, Your Highness.”

Retreating from the main hall, Wang Chong soon liaised with the expert King Song arranged for the operation by the side hall.

He was a muscular man with a height of two meters. He was wrapped in a thick armor, like a steel can.

Hung behind him was a conspicuous, large golden bow that stretched 1.6 meters in length. The bowstring used for drawing an arrow was almost as thick as one’s thumb.

His entire body was cloaked in steel, except for a pair of sharp eyes.

Wang Chong felt an incredibly dangerous aura from him. Even from a distance of six to seven zhang away, Wang Chong could feel his goosebumps rising up.

(~20m)

He’s a true expert!, flashed the thought across Wang Chong’s mind. To be able to induce such a reaction from him with just his gaze, the other party was surely an expert amongst experts.

“Paying respect to gongzi, King Song has assigned me to you. I’ll follow whatever commands you have of me,” a level voice devoid of any emotions sounded from behind the steel armor. For a moment, it seemed as though what was standing before Wang Chong was an emotionless robot.