39. Better omega

"I have once told you, do what you have to do," he whispered when glowing lava filled Jungkook's insides

So Jimin knew they weren't mates and was letting him free, was taking all the consequences on himself, even losing the child, if it was there. Jimin might have told him he wasn't to ease his mind.

You don't need to be stronger than your alpha, thought Jungkook leaning in to hug Jimin and inhale his sweet tangerine and cinder wood scent.

I will miss you with all my being, he thought pressing his lips to Jimin's scent glade to stay there for a longer moment before pulling back.

"You too, take care of yourself, rest," Jungkook pulled back watching Jimin's sad eyes.

"Ok," Jimin shrugged when Jungkook was sure he won't stand it any longer.

"Bye," he whispered gluing his lips to Jimin's soft ones for a second.

"Bye," Jimin looked down and his chin trembled.

There was another tear rolling down Jungkook's cheek, his heart might have been ripped or stolen, damaged for sure, but he turned leaving the school like a mad man.

There was the last bell of the day finally ringing, so Jimin grabbed his books packing his backpack in a snail tempo. The past two days have been hell, just static and pain inside him. The moment Jungkook has left the school he was ordered back to his room where the school workers were sealing his window with double bars, making him a prisoner even more. He had been stared at like a criminal, rumors and whispering was breaking out the moment he entered each school corridor and last lunch break Vanessa's friends were throwing rotten food his way calling him names, but he ignored waiting for Friday. Jungkook had to decide quickly, whatever his decision might be, as being stuck in between was unbearable.

"How are you dealing?" There was Tae waiting for him in front of the classroom to grab him underneath the arm.

Jimin only shrugged, what could he tell? He couldn't even be totally honest towards his best friend.

'I'm working hard on fixing things, stay strong,' was the secret message he had received from Yoongi last night.

Of course Yoongi was out there to convince Jungkook to marry someone he thought wasn't his mate, but... if Jungkook sends in the marriage papers it meant standing up in front of the truth and Jimin would rather face a lifetime of loneliness at the edge of their world.

Yesterday evening a Park family assistant brought him a letter from his mother he hasn't the guts to open yet. The whole world like after an apocalypse yet still there.