CHAPTER 5

Awni's pov

"I can't get married to you"

I and Aditya both said together.

"Yes you two can't" Freya said and I looked at her. Something is fishy.

I turned to Freya and raised my eyebrows.

"Is something already going on between you two, cause I've been noticing." Shrey said pointing Aditya and Freya.

They just looked at eachother and Freya blushed.

"Oh my god, they are seeing eachother" I said shocked.

"And you didn't tell me" Shrey said to Aditiya with anger or fake anger maybe.

"Who even said that something is going on between us" Aditiya said almost yelling.

"Well you didn't deny it either" I said stating the obvious.

"Adi, I thought you liked that cafe girl" Shrey said.

Wait what. Cafe girl? Freya has a cafe.

"Freya is it what I'm thinking" I turned towards her ans asked her.

"I need to talk with you, Alone" I said and dragged her to the corner near the pool.

"Freya what the fuck is going on. " I almost screamed.

"Calm down yaar Awni" she said trying to stop me from yelling, which for sure I wasn't going to stop unless I know the truth.

"You are not supposed to calm me down, you're supposed to tell me" I said

"What the hell is going on, because you never act so abruptly. Especially over a guy" I continued to say as I know she's a calm, quiet, shy type of person. Who would absolutely not react like this to any situations.

"Umm, actually....you know that guy I was telling you about" she started saying looking here and there hit me.

"Your customer?" I asked to confirm.

"Yess, apparently Aditya is the same guy" she said finally looking at me.

"WHATT!! He is the one who writes you those letters and comes every Friday to your cafe??"

"Yess and the guy you are getting married to" she replied sadly.

"I'm not getting married to him Freya. I never wanted to, and would never ever want to because he's the first guy you ever actually like. So don't worry babe I'm not snatching away that weirdo from you" I said to her.

"He's not a weirdo and I know you would never hurt me in any way" she said with a small smile.

"He is weird ! Ye letters ek ladki ko likhta hai aur shadi ka rista lekar kisi aur ko milra hai. Weirdo hi toh hua".
I paused and continued.
"Iska toh background check karna padega. I'll not let you date someone who might hurt you in future"

"His parents also might have forced him into this Awni, didn't you see him till now he doesn't seem so interested in marrying and stuff" she said.

Huhh, she does have a point. He seems not interested. Same as me thank god.
Now he can say no to my parents and propose the idea of getting married to Freya and they can live and happy life.

I was in my thoughts when Freya brought me back to world.

"AWNI ,why the fuck do you start thinking so much" she shouted.

"Oopsie" I said scratching my neck.

"What oppsie! Help me duffer" she said angrily.
She called me duffer, I can say I'm offended but sliding that right off let's focus on her problem.