My parents texted me again saying since they missed my birthday they were going to bring my present to dinner, which I relayed to Harry. I think that is the bigger reason he wanted to go shopping with Louis, was to find a present to try and show my parents he is a dutiful and perfect boyfriend. A wayyyyyy better option than Niall. Calm down Harry.

I called Autumn and asked if she wanted to go with me to the doctors. I have became a pro at driving with the cast, but I think my doctor will lecture me the moment he sees me roll up like that. It's not illegal... just... frowned upon.

When my arm finally gets to feel fresh air (as fresh as the doctor office air can be in an inside office) I am relived. The doctors inspects my old scar, makes me do little movement tests with my hands, and checks me out. I finally receive an 'all clear' and get to be on my merry way, now without the stupid luggy cast tying me down. It's such a relief honestly.

Once Autumn and I slide into her car in the parking lot she turns to me, "so dinner... I'm thinking... shopping right? Shopping for sure. I am totally coming to dinner, so we both need to get something new."

Some people might consider it weird that Autumn would just assume she is part of my family dinner, but in my world, it would be weirder if she wasn't part of it. My parents think Autumn is practically an extension of me and Nancy would flip out if Autumn wasn't there... thinking the worst. 

Did you two have a fight? Did someone steal someone's boyfriend? Was living together too rough? When will you make up? Should I call her parents? Don't throw away your friendship! Should I text her and tell her you miss her? Autumn is probably thinking of you right now and missing your friendship!

I swear, mom would adopt her if anything ever happened to the Lory's.

*** 

Autumn and I are now at our third store of trying on dresses. We asked for cocktail attire, now knowing that the restaurant is known for it's overly sophisticated vibes, and the fact you can't even get in the door without having some sort of jacket for a male and dress for a female. Talk about catering to only the rich and snooty. However, that's where we are going to wind up tonight, so we might as well break the bank on something that will make it fun.

Autumn grabs a hanger off a rack to hold up the purple monstrosity of too many layers, "are we thinking long or short? Long is elegant and will totally accentuate your lean-gazelle-having-ass body. But short screams center of attention you know?" 

I grab a black dress to hold up but Autumn instantly scrunches her nose and takes a finger to make a gagging motion. I place the hanger back and continue browsing. "I think either really. Just whatever looks good."

Autumn groans when I say it, "that's such a Riley type answer. This is the first time Harry is going to see you without your cast. Like let's make him sweat some bullets. Ohmigod, did I tell you. Louis heard you two rockin' the bed last night. He said y'all were at it for like... three hours or something. So first off, let's talk about that!"

I give Autumn a 'shut up' look as someone walks past us with a few articles of clothing to get into the fitting area. "No, Autumn. Let's not talk about that. It's personal okay!"

Autumn rolls her eyes and picks up a black dress that had a high neckline, sleeveless, and a frilled out bottom that hit mid-calf. I knew she would look like a fox in it and I gave her a seal of approval.

I started to give up, thinking I wouldn't find anything for me till Autumn spotted the perfect dress. It was about three steps too overdressed but the moment I emerged from the fitting room we both knew I had to have it. Even one of the workers and another shopper had stopped to talk about the dress literally being made for me.