Chapter 16

Friday, August 25th

Riley's POV

"AUTUMN. I swear to God if we are not out of this apartment in the next fifteen minutes, I am leaving your ass behind." I am sure the neighbors can hear me shouting at this point, but it isn't as bad as the non stop alarms coming from Autumn's room.

She has probably snoozed her alarm at least six times at this point, and told me 'I'll be up in five minutes' for the past hour.

I knew the moment Autumn suggested we wake up early on a Friday the whole plan was gonna' be a bust.

I mean.. It's ten am... it isn't even that early.

Autumn planned for us to treat ourselves today with a manicure, shopping, and having a girls day. I was relieved to know her idea to hang out Friday wasn't going to be with the guys or at another party. I cannot handle that. I told myself after the last one, I am taking a break from college parties... they just aren't my scene.

Once she finally drags her ass out of bed and we get to the nail salon we are greeted with friendly hellos and told to pick out some colors.

Autumn ends up going for a sharp stiletto nail with black and glitter, trying to talk me into matching her.

I told her I was just going to go with a simple manicure before she threw a miniature temper tantrum telling me I needed to 'live a little' and do something crazy.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I finally give up and agree with her and decide to do a deep burgundy color that is matte.

While my hands were under the little UV light sensor the nail tech kept directing me to, I heard my phone go off a few times.

"Ugh. Who is blowing up my phone? Autumn will you check it?" I ask her assuming it is my mom asking all about my week.

Autumn snatches my phone out of my cardigan pocket that is hanging on the chair and a grin spreads across her face.

Niall to Riley: OK so I googgled it..... fell into a rabbit hole last night..... YOU MAY HAVE CHANGED MY WHOLE LIFE.

Niall: So where is the real Avril Lavigne!!?? IS SHE EVEN ALIVE

Niall: RILEY I NEED ANSWERS NOW. I AM so confused why did you teach me about this?!!?

Autumn starts laughing while clutching my phone to her chest, "Puhhhhhhh-lease tell me you and Niall were talking about Avril Lavigne having a twin that took over her life and the whole replacement conspiracy theory thing with that other girl!" Autumn said between laughs.

I shrug my shoulders trying to hide the biggest smile I've ever had.

"How and why did you even bring that up?" -Autumn

"So yesterday while you and Louis were hanging out, I was bored and he texted me wanting to hang out so we did right. Well we grabbed some smoothies and were chatting, but he drove so I said I wanted to pick the music. I was flipping through my spotify on random and Complicated came on and we both started jamming. Then I just... started talking and he got hella' invested so yeah. He didn't believe me and I told him to look it up himself. He must have." -Riley

Stumbling (H.S. / A.U.)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें