Where it all began

A mighty roar echoed through the land, an ancient demon has been unsealed.

Chernabog, the apocalypse and destruction of mortal kind.

Yuu didn't know how they ended up fighting a demon, everything was still blurry. Blood dripping down their face as they looked beneath them.

There he was, Ace Trapolla. Their closest (and most annoying) friend. He was bleeding out, a large cut halving him into two. His face was left unmarked for the price of his life, looking mischievous and happy till his final breath.

He had saved Yuu from a fatal blow, but they rather die themselves than let him die a death like this.

"Your the most important player in this fight Yuu, I don't even have my Unique magic yet.. It's better off if I go first."

He said, looking up at Yuu with clouded eyes. He grinned with that smug smirk of his, this trouble maker.

Ace soon left them after that. He kept being a nuisance till death. Sleeping serenely, as if in a dream.

The second to go was Deuce.

He sacrificed himself to defend the whole team, his body couldn't handle all the magic he threw back at Chernabog with his unique magic.

His body was dragged back to Yuu by Jack, the wolf claimed that Deuce wanted to see Yuu for a final time.

And so he did. Yuu held his limp not- yet lifeless body in their arms, giving out orders to the others still in the fight.

"Thank you, for everything. Tell my mom I love her when you guys get back all right?"

Deuce looked at Yuu with the same cloudy eyes Ace did, a similar and confident smirk on his face.

"I'll always be waiting for you. See you later Yuu."

He also left soon after. He was still in Yuus arms as they closed his eyes, letting him dream forever like Ace.
They set Deuce down right next to Ace, who was right by their side till the very end.

These idiots. Going against the plan, Yuu wasn't as important as they think they are, it doesn't matter though.. they'll make sure their lives weren't lost for nothing.

As the fight continues their numbers dwindle. Their friends were dying, right before them.

Lilia lost all his magic and died protecting his sons.
Jack was impaled after being a distraction to give Vil more time to run.
Riddle put himself on the front lines, died protecting Trey and Cater, the two friends he cared more for than himself.
Kalim died by saving Jamil from a sneak attack. He truly cared for the other no matter what.

Epel died using his UM to protect Vil and Rook. He didn't show it but, he still cared about his housewardens.
Leona died saving Ruggie from becoming stone, his body was still in the protective position even after being shattered.

Floyd died saving his brother and his best friend. He only admitted it till the very end, that he loved the two more than anything.
Malleus died guarding his younger brothers, upholding the final promise to his father till his own end.
Idias burned body was holding a dismembered and broken Ortho.

And so it continues. They all died soon after the other. Till the very last few were left.

Rook, Ruggie, Trey, Jade, Sebek, and Yuu. Ironically that's most of the vices; they all outlived their housewardens. Sebek was saved by his brothers, who kept trusting him till the very end.

The exhaust was creeping up on them, the blot build up was too great and they all soon fell as well.

Yuu was the last one left, Ace and Deuce still by their side as always.