chapter 39

"put your guns on the floor." rick's low voice could be heard through the walls

"rick, we'll fire right into that office so you lower your gun" gareth said

a loud yell came from gareths mouth, he panted, and groaned.

the sound of soft steps were heard before rick spoke.

"put your guns on the floor and kneel." rick said roughly

"do-what he says..." gareth said, you could hear the pain in his voice, the words barely sounded like they could completely come out of his mouth.

multiple shifts and guns landing on the floor, gareth spoke up again.

"martin, there's no choice here." gareth said

"yeah, there is." martin said

heavy steps approached before stopping.

"wanna bet." abraham said

i heard a scoff, then a weapon hit the ground.

gareth grunted in pain, i wasn't sure what was going on the other side of this door besides what im hearing. but im sure nothing good was going on.

"no point in begging, right?" gareth asked, fear very easily could be heard in his voice.

"no." rick simply answered.

"still, you could've killed us when you came in. there had to be a reason as to why you didn't." gareth said shakily

"we didn't want to waste the bullets." rick said

this time it wasn't gareths voice who gave me shivers, it was ricks voice. he was obviously mad, you could hear it.

but he was so calm. it was freaky, he sounded satisfied with what he was doing as well.

"we used to help people. we saved people. things changed. they came in and.." gareth groaned, and let out a sob. he sounded so desperate it was making me sad.

he let in some breaths before speaking again. "after that, i know you've been out there, but i can see it. you don't know what it is to be hungry. you don't have to do this. we can walk away. and we will never cross paths again, i promise you." gareth said

his quick breaths, and his panicked voice told me all i needed to know about what rick was doing.

"but you'll cross someone's path," rick said, his gun cocked as he probably pointed it at gareth.

"you'd do this to anyone, right? besides, i already made you a promise." rick said

(AH RHAT WAS MY FAVORITE LINEEE. 🫶🏻🫶🏻 UGHHHG 😩😩, don't mind me fan girling over rick ✋🏻✋🏻)

the sound of a sharp object and gareth scream pierced my ears. people groaned and loud thuds were the only thing we could hear.

tyreese was watching everything that was happening through the crack in the door, carl and i were sitting down next to each other by bobs bed which probably wasn't a good idea.

when i tell you the look on tyreeses face worried me. he looked so horrified, he slowly backed up from the door and sat down.

"it could've been us." was all rick had to say.

gabriel walked over to the door. his eyes took in whatever he was seeing, his gaze shifting all over the floor and some of the wall.

he fully stepped out, i could no longer see what he was doing.

rick and sasha entered the room not much after, i quickly stood up and made sure rick could see that judith was alright.